SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted for now: T-type, Fender CS 60s, Haar, Hahn, K-line, Senn

What's Hot
bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 897
edited June 2019 in Guitars £
After scant deliberation and no sound reasoning whatsoever, I would like to buy a vintage flavoured T-type. 60s spec. Probably prefer rosewood board, blue or green, binding would be nice. 

Interested in Custom Shop or a boutique maker.
Would love to find a Senn Pomona or K-line Truxton.

Let me know what is out there.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    PSA think there's one at 1299 in B-stock at a dealer if you engage with Google a little.  (Red)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 897
    Thanks, I did see that when I used google but would prefer LPB.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Been looking myself, fancy sunburst but the 60s models don't yet seem to attract the same discount the 50s ones do. 
    There was a comment on another forum from a guy who suggested Fender are refreshing the AO range around about now (his dealer told him April 19 so not too accurate I guess) and so if that does happen it will be interesting to see if they introduce more finishes.   
    There was a sunburst listed on eBay last week but I can't seem to find it now even under completed listings.
    There is a LPB listed at more than RRP and has a had a bigsby fitted.

If I can't find one for around£1000, I will probably try used CS.
    Might be interested to try a 50s telecaster if no 60s are available 
  • Watch out with the AO 50s reissue. The one i tried in a local shop and almost all I've seen online aren't a proper 50s blonde. They are almost light orange! It instantly put me off owning one. The 2013+ 52 reissue is much nicer colour and every bit as good a guitar. (You do get used to the vintage spec) Just a heads up :)
    Guitar dealer and G.A.S merchant by day: www.vibrocaster.com 
      Blues/rock singer & guitarist by night: www.alexhamiltonguitar.com

I found the 50s neck a touch too big tbh
    Bit of a noob question, but I've taken a look at the red and blue online now, having usually just opted for the burst when I looked at these ..... is the Fiesta Red a flat colour?  Because the Lake Placid Blue looks like a metallic to me?  I once had a Baja 60s in Candy Apple Red, and the LPB looks like it has that same metallic flake undercoat, but the fiesta red doesn't?  I'm not too knowledgeable about Fender colours. Thanks 
    OK, so I googled it.  :)
    Looks like LPD is indeed metallic, although not like a CAR with its gold undercoat. Fiesta is flat/solid. Not paid much attention to Fender custom colours beyond the CAR I owned but seems there's a wealth of historical info out there on them and LPB predated them all, CAR included.  Live and learn. 
  • rain.paraderain.parade Frets: 10
    In my experience, the 60's tele's are still very thin on the ground used.  I was in the same position around September / October last year, and ended up paying £1,150 for an LPB one that had been on Reverb and Ebay for a while at a higher price.  I'd also been hoping to get in closer to £1,000, but to be fair, the guitar was literally in 'delivered new that morning' condition (plastic and stickers still on the pickguard and looked like it had hardly been taken out of the case).  It's a lovely guitar, and the LPB / double-bound body is stunning in the flesh.

I haven't got around to cancelling the eBay watch, and I think that one with the Bigsby is possibly the only one that's come up since mine.  I also had a watch on the earlier American Vintage '64 in LPB, and I've not seen a single one of those come up.  Might be just a case of getting lucky or waiting it out!

Interestingly, I've noticed that Fender have recently changed the headstock decals on these.  Mine says "Custom Telecaster", as you'd expect with a double-bound 60's tele, but if you look at the Fender and dealer sites now, this seems to have changed to the standard "Telecaster" decal (still with spaghetti logo). I know the AO range isn't supposed to represent specific model years, but it still seems odd not to have the custom designation on a double-bound tele.  Maybe they ran out of decals...

I think patience is the key. I am waiting to hear back from Fair Deal about the B Stock red one.
    edited May 2019
    I think patience is the key. I am waiting to hear back from Fair Deal about the B Stock red one.
    LOL so am I!
    Don't worry though, I'm not going to buy it, have decided it'll be burst or LPD if I get one.
    Strange they don't respond to sales enquiries though. I emailed /queried on their website. Maybe you need to phone, old skool stylee.

Edited to correct autocorrect.
    There have quite a few AO strats sold on eBay, some at great prices, but few teles . Maybe that is a good sign?There is a nice JM on there if that is your type of thing. Will wait to hear back from Fair Deal. There is probably a price at which I wouldn’t mind red.
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    I have a 50 AO telecaster I might be interested in selling. Message me if your interested.
    @markj Thanks! Am pursuing a 60s first but might be in touch.
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    @markj Thanks! Am pursuing a 60s first but might be in touch.
    Okay thanks for that.
    @rivercider I spoke to Fair Deal and the Fiesta Red tele sounds like it is mint and only the case has minor damage.
    They actually have a B stock LPB that has not gone on the website yet.  It has a very small chip near the jack socket.  The expect it will go on at £1399.
    For me , I think I would to go to Project Music for a new LPB for £1447 or maybe I am starting to prefer the nice red one.
    @bacchanalien Thanks for the info. Will bide my time until I settle on what I want (does that ever happen??) - think I still prefer sunburst over LPB but the blue is growing on me. Trouble is I'm still not even sure it's a tele I want right now.... *embarrassed*

There are some nice guitars amongst the new Gibsons that are calling me too, SGs and the LP Junior / Special all look interesting and cost less than these teles. (Why? Set neck vs bolt-on, grumble grumble)

I do think still1399 sounds a bit steep for a B-stock AO60s.  The 50s model can be had new for a little over 1300 (and was under 1300 many places as fed in January) so the 60s price is based on, what, the binding and CITES upcharge? 

Now that Gibson have launched their 'new' range and reduced certain prices to something more sensible, I'd like to think that Fender may respond but I know that's just wishful thinking.
    Agreed, those prices are a bit too close to some other nice T types.
    I maybe should be looking at used Haar and K-Line. 
    Thread title updated to broaden range of interest.
    60s style T-types, Senn, Haar K-line, Hahn or others, not really ruling anything out.

Preference for larger necks but maybe not baseball.

Like solid colours, binding, not too heavily reliced.