Mega Decluttering Tips

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• revsorgrevsorg Frets: 884
    munckee said:

She is less accommodating about hearing the 'racket' though : )
    This angers me.  No matter how crap my wife's violin playing sounded when she was learning I would never dream of saying anything negative.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12385
    As a volunteer in a charity shop can I put in a plea for people to only donate stuff that is in decent and resell-able nick? The amount of utter crap that we get donated is horrendous. Seriously, would you buy dvds that are scratched to hell, dog eared water stained books, broken kids toys, ripped clothing? We even had some babygrows handed in recently... covered in shit stains  :s We have to be able to sell it on, it’s not a rubbish disposal service. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11799
    boogieman said:
    As a volunteer in a charity shop can I put in a plea for people to only donate stuff that is in decent and resell-able nick? The amount of utter crap that we get donated is horrendous. Seriously, would you buy dvds that are scratched to hell, dog eared water stained books, broken kids toys, ripped clothing? We even had some babygrows handed in recently... covered in shit stains  :s We have to be able to sell it on, it’s not a rubbish disposal service. 
    Tru Dat.

All my stuff is in excellent nick, and I will take it to my local charity shop with hope they can make a few quid :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    My Mrs watched a few of the Marie Kondo programs on Netflix and applied a lot of her techniques.  Though she did end up chucking some stuff, most was about the way that you organise and fold clothes etc so that things are easily accessible so that it doesn't look cluttered.  To be honest, I think it's been really good and worth it, though we did have to buy a load of different types of boxes and other bits of storage things.

A few years ago when I decided to start getting blu rays, I ripped all our dvds, stuck those on a NAS drive and then put all the physical dvds in the loft.  So now only the new discs are in the living room (in a storage unit) and all the older films are still accessible.  When we run out of physical space I'll start ripping the blu rays and repeat the process.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12385
    boogieman said:
    Tru Dat.

All my stuff is in excellent nick, and I will take it to my local charity shop with hope they can make a few quid :)
    Good man.  ;) if you’re a U.K. taxpayer see if they’ll let you sign up for their Gift Aid while you’re there, it means the charity get a monetary top up from the Govt. 
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2247
    25% I think
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18861
    For flipping, flips sake people  :o
    Have you no flipping empathy?
    Imagine what might happen if @HarrySeven were to somehow, accidentally, coincidentally, randomly, happen upon this thread?
     Oh, the humanity....
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7779
    Imagine what might happen if @HarrySeven were to somehow, accidentally, coincidentally, randomly, happen upon this thread?
     Oh, the humanity....
    What would happen?
    Nothing :)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22995
     Oh, the humanity....
    I think he's safe enough, it's not having any effect on me.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    The H7 Rules of Coexistence:

a. Only sell things when you run out of space.
    b. Or money. 
    c. Or both.
    d. There’s always somewhere to put more stuff.
    e. That’s my shite. Leave it alone.
    f. Need clarification? Re-read e.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22995
    The H7 Rules of Coexistence:

a. Only sell things when you run out of space.
    b. Or money. 
    c. Or both.
    d. There’s always somewhere to put more stuff.
    e. That’s my shite. Leave it alone.
    f. Need clarification? Re-read e.

My problem is d.  I'm reaching a point where there really is no more space.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7487
    I found I had a lot more space for my stuff after I moved out and lived alone. 
    Red ones are better.