obviously me too

wtf

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19021
    On behalf of my geographical region... I am so very sorry. :o

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    edited May 2019
    He's spelt Wear in Tyne and Wear wrong. He should know how to spell where he lives. Two pics and extensive description. Not! Thought this was gonna be a scam but its collect in person and he has a canny large feedback record although it looks mostly purchases .
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1425
    It was an eye watering £2999 but it’s been reduced to £1799 now, so not quite so bad.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72673
    hyperben said:
    It was an eye watering £2999 but it’s been reduced to £1799 now, so not quite so bad.
    Still about £500 overpriced unless the replacement pickup is an original 50s PAF.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    All the metal finish is very shiny compared to the used appearance of the body? I would expect an amount of 'grime' in the crevices of the tailpiece screws and bridge.
    Has this been detailed or is that all replacement hardwear?
  • vonLayzonfonvonLayzonfon Frets: 108
    ICBM said:
    hyperben said:
    Still about £500 overpriced unless the replacement pickup is an original 50s PAF.
    Just dropped to £1,199. Still a hefty chunk to part with on the basis of 2 photos. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72673
    ESBlonde said:
    All the metal finish is very shiny compared to the used appearance of the body? I would expect an amount of 'grime' in the crevices of the tailpiece screws and bridge.
    Has this been detailed or is that all replacement hardwear?
    Not necessarily, some people just have adequate personal hygiene :).

It's chrome not nickel, and that always stays shinier. It doesn't look like it's been gigged hard either.

Sensible price now, although it would still be useful to know what the bridge pickup is. Most likely a JB...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6118
    As his pricing drops have been in line with comments here, can I suggest photos of headstock and rear.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19021
    It appears that the seller is a 'fine' artist.
    In my experience with artists, their grip on reality is even more tenuous than that of guitarists  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom