Its been sunny lately...

What's Hot
teradaterada Frets: 5114
And this one was on a Hercules stand near a window.

This is after 2 days  :o

(I'm not bothered, it just adds character, but I thought I'd warn others)
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19031
    So the Hercules protected the guitar from the effects of the sun where it held the guitar at the neck?
    Or, the Hercules foam caused the staining?

Not being smartarse, just curious.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So the Hercules protected the guitar from the effects of the sun where it held the guitar at the neck?

That will be the grip on the Hercules blocking sun at that point - the cherry will have faded out of the other parts.

On that note, my R9 has had a bit of bleed into the binding...for anyone with similar, good weather to mask off other bits of the guitar and fade it out. Not done so though for same thoughts as OP - character.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    The parts that weren't in the grip now look a bit like my LP Tribute where the back isn't glossy and only minimally finished
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19031
    So the Hercules protected the guitar from the effects of the sun where it held the guitar at the neck?

That will be the grip on the Hercules blocking sun at that point - the cherry will have faded out of the other parts.

On that note, my R9 has had a bit of bleed into the binding...for anyone with similar, good weather to mask off other bits of the guitar and fade it out. Not done so though for same thoughts as OP - character.
    That's why I was asking.
    If a wallhanger was used, the guitar would have to be hung with the string/front side to the wall, which is unusual.
    Probably a floorstander, guitar back toward the light source.

Mind you, it shows that they are using 'proper' dyes that will age nicely  :)
  • love that, wonder how long it would take to fade a cherry top or if it would at all
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114

Absolutely, was a free standing Hercules stand with the guitar facing into the room hanging by the grip at the neck.

The darker red is the colour the whole neck was. I'll admit that the lighting above exaggerates it, but that is after just 2 days of UV exposure.

The back actually looks pretty cool now its faded a little.