Have you ever forgotten you had a gig?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    Phil_C said:
    Has anybody ever forgotten their guitar?
    Yes, once. Living in the west end of Glasgow, we packed up the van and headed to Machuils on the east side of the city centre, unloaded all the gear then noticed I’d forgotten to bring a guitar :) back in the van and raced across town to get it then back to the venue. Drummer always took too long to setup so I had plenty of time!

Back then I only had one guitar, my trusty SG. JCM800 head and 4x12, Dunlop Wah and a Guv’nor. Simpler times. :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1509
    Phil_C said:
    Has anybody ever forgotten their guitar?
    I played a gig in Camden back in 2004 or whatever, and a few of us had to get the train home back to Herts. We had to carry my gear back with us and we were so wasted that I left my guitar on Finsbury Park station. Never saw it again sadly. Lesson learned.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I did...but I'll blame the drummer for not confirming the date. Months previously I'd had a "are you free on xxxx" message.

Then nothing till the date and a frantic call from him in the pub asking where I was. Luckily I was at home, I hadn't arranged anything else and it was only 30mins away so I made it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • trolleytrolley Frets: 88
    No. But I did once tell the band that I'd forgotten & had gone away. There was blind panic from them - and then a lot of swearing when I turned up 5 minutes later :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom