Gibson SG Junior - Phil X & The Drills play Black Sabbath

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13960
Outstanding tone from this '63 Gibson SG Junior played by Phil X, great cover of a Black Sabbath song, I love the drummer too, he's great.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12429
    Very good, tight as a gnats chuff.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1134
    one of my favourite videos, such a great cover and that SG sounds killer

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow awarded.
    Some of those Fretted Americana covers are great. Phil X is an excellent player, even if he’s jumpier than a kangaroo on a trampoline.
    My favourite is Superstition (& THAT bass tone). 

https://youtu.be/59m6BoEVkng
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    If we're posting our favourite Drills demo vids, then this one gets the nod from me. The drums sound huge, the bass is immense, and that tele... God damn.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    Tenebrous said:
    If we're posting our favourite Drills demo vids, then this one gets the nod from me. The drums sound huge, the bass is immense, and that tele... God damn.

That was the one I got hung up on too! I've spent a good chunk of the day watching these videos, and another chunk learning My Sharona. I'm afraid my version isn't quite up to the same standard.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2912
    Tenebrous said:

Love playing this song :) the solo was always my favourite part of my old cover band set. Full length of course (like the Phil X one), not the shortened radio edit version.
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 787
    I can't decide which player here i like to focus on, great playing. What's remarkable is it was being played 50 yrs
    ago.