Yet again, another update, - PSA: New Axe-FX stuff is out

What's Hot
Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
edited November 2013 in Amps
Axe Edit 3.0.1 and FW 11.03 is up for grabs.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    I installed it earlier- was running the beta so not a huge difference in sound but AE3 is great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1132
    aaah the mixture of excitement at free upgrades, mixed with hours of tweaking cos it's ruined all your patches :D glad i'm out of the whole Axe FX shenanigans

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • We had a similar point raised at Axe Fest UK during Doctor Octatonic's clinic on looping., which I could quite happily sit through again.  The response from Oct, PaulMapp, and myself was don't update it then.  Fractal Audio Systems do not send round the Update Police to ensure that you've installed the correct version of the firmware.  If that were true, then Alex Lifeson would be in big trub for touring using FX 6.x 

There was a few times that people who put in new FW , including beta versions, and took it live without tweaking, complained about performance issues. The obvious thing that most people would do is save Beta versions for home, studio and rehearsals. You would think that a Beta version would be a bit too risky for live work, but not everyone thinks like that, and pays the price. It got to the point where FW 10's beta wasn't put on public release.

I like the updates.  The time spent in tweaking my patches is worth it, and a lot cheaper than swapping valves.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8707
    As with every other software upgrade I'll leave it a week until the dust settles, and other users have identified any immediate problems.
    aaah the mixture of excitement at free upgrades, mixed with hours of tweaking cos it's ruined all your patches :D glad i'm out of the whole Axe FX shenanigans
    Well, it beats changing amps and pedals in search of THE sound
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Roland said:
    As with every other software upgrade I'll leave it a week until the dust settles, and other users have identified any immediate problems.
    There is that too.  I'm not usually one for jumping on to the latest FW update, unless it revolutionary. I did like when FW 9 came in with scenes.  That was revolutionary for me.
  • I'm all over this one...usually, I hang back a bit...hadn't tried the beta.
  • The Beta was great with no glitches reported.  The full 11.0 release adds more - with some stuff refined BUT new amps.  The Comet 60 is really nice - BUT the JTM 45 and Plexi "jumpered" amps were worth getting 11.0 immediately it for me.  Had a few hours yesterday just playing those.
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    Jumpered Plexi...might be late starting work today....
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1132
    in fairness having the million options in the Axe FX made me realise what i actually need/want and since owning it my tone chasing has calmed down dramatically

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    I've been running the beta for a while with no issues.. Installed 11 last night and now get loads of Midi timeouts when using fractal bot and AE3:(  
  • Obvious question if you've been running the beta: is your firmware/driver bang up to date?

There was a small update to Fractal Bot in the second week of July, iirc.
    Yep. everything is up to date..
    Si_ said:
    Yep. everything is up to date..
    Are you using the front panel as well as AE3?
    Fractal don't advise doing that- AE3 works great and you can use it for everything, including saving.
    No not really done anything with it due to the timeouts, can't even back it up as it times out.. 
    Mac or PC?
    Mac.
    Si_ said:
    Mac.
    Hmmmm... any chance you can rule things out- ie try with a different Mac, a different cable?
    Try reapplying the V11 firmware in case something screwy has gone on.
    A full reset might help.

I'm having no issues here.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    Si_ said:
    Mac.
    you want fries with that ?
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    Jumpered Plexi...might be late starting work today....
    Just been messing with it.. very nice. I've been GASing for a real plexi so really happy they aded this in.. early days but loving it so far.
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    I'm not a lover of either channel on a Plexi, but both at the same time is sublime. Wish list come true:)

Fortunately everything went smoothly on my install...