Remember these? Esso Tiger Tokens

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Did they do towels as well? Pretty sure the bathroom towels at my mum's house had something like esso on the label when I was young. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3625
    boogieman said:
    Neil said:
    My uncle had an Esso station so I got all the promotional stuff when I helped out there at weekends.

The station owner had to order and pay for all the "free" giveaways.

Regarding Brooke Bond tea cards, I used to love those and still have every set in albums and loads of loose ones too.

My main collecting thing is pre-war cigarette cards of mainly actresses and bathing beauties, not old enough to remember them the first time round though! 
    I’ve got a few cigarette cards tucked away somewhere, nothing as exotic as yours though. I’ve also got some James Bond, US Civil War and Man From Uncle bubblegum cards. Remember those? The Civil War ones were quite heavily criticised at the time for being pretty bloodthirsty. 
    The Civil War cards? Oh yeah, used to collect those as a youngster, they were bloodthirsty. Just what kids like!
    Do you remember they also came with civil war dollars in them too? Worth a few bob now.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3625
    Trude said:
    My Dad was a sales rep in the 80s (drinks industry), so we had every petrol-related promo item going.  All of our glassware was from Esso (much of it still in active service).  We needed about five decanters just to accommodate all the varieties of Domeq sherry he used to sell...

Also, do you remember those big soup mugs with two handles and a recipe printed on the front?  We had all of those too.
    Still got the soup mugs with the recipes on the front, only single handled though. 

Still got some of the Esso glassware too, all good quality stuff. 
  • No, I'm not 46.
    Your immaturity is noted
    You're 6 months away from a heart attack and you've done nothing. Have fun!

Bye!

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    No, I'm not 46.
    Your immaturity is noted
    You're 6 months away from a heart attack and you've done nothing. Have fun!
    as I said...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom