Classifieds etiquette: payment

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    brooom said:
    So to summarize why doesn't @nickbigsby just pay @GoldenEraGuitars the £50 pounds he still owns...
    It’s a trivial amount which I am happy to forget about (again) and move forward. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26664
    brooom said:
    So to summarize why doesn't @nickbigsby just pay @GoldenEraGuitars the £50 pounds he still owns...
    Because he claims he doesn't owe him anything.
    <space for hire>
    tFB Trader
    brooom said:
    And finally he shows his true colours. In that case, I shall let you see the last PM I received 

https://i.imgur.com/1Dyvg8Y.png
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I shall draw a line under this. This ridiculous series of events needs to stop. It’s also not the forums problem 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    edited June 2019
    brooom said:
    The plot thickens.

GoldenEraGuitars
    said:
    brooom said:
    It’s a trivial amount which I am happy to forget about (again) and move forward. 
    Well it can't be that trivial, otherwise we wouldn't be hearing about it.
    tFB Trader
    brooom said:
    brooom said:
    The plot thickens.

GoldenEraGuitars
    said:
    brooom said:
    Well it can't be that trivial, otherwise we wouldn't be hearing about it.
    I decided, a little while ago, if I wasn’t going to get money then I’d make the odd reference to it. But I’ve happily forgotten about it. That was until the ad appeared. The issue isn’t trivial, but £50?? Bloody ridiculous. That doesn’t take into account the other body I sprayed for him which is here and I haven’t sold to recoup funds yet. 

Anyway. If anyone wants to discuss the matter I’m available via PM. Out of respect for the fact this isn’t the forums problem I don’t want anything else being written publicly on the matter. 
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    Bit of an awkward situation. I was trying to understand what this was about. Won't comment anymore on the matter.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12409
    I have inadvertently lold a post above on my phone which I can't retract. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    munckee said:
    I believe the standard punishment for ham-fisted scrolling is that you have to spend 15 mins in parody reading messages there....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6896
    munckee said:
    That’s what all the passive aggressive psychopaths say...... ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7348
    Not read the entire thread, but what has happened to me several times is that I've messaged, had no reply so gone to bed. been sent the PayPal details in the night so paid first thing, then I'm told someone else got there first.
    I'm sorry but that's bullshit if you're actually giving the payment details out to multiple people at the same time and just seeing if one sends the money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7348
    Read it now and I think it depends on the scenario. I think it's a bit unfair to just say until the seller gets their money it's fair game no matter the situation. 

For example you agree something Saturday morning, it's a much wanted item. The potential buyer has your PayPal but goes quiet and you're getting loads of PMs from other people. You've had to send others a 'you're next in the queue' message. By afternoon theres no payment and the person hasn't kept you updated. Send a message saying sorry but it's been a while now and I've got other people wanting to send me money. When you see this message you need to check in with me if it's still available.

I've had it where I've seen a person selling multiple things, one thing I really wanted and the other 2 I might as well pick up at the same time (like a book, strap and strings or something similar).
    Sent a message offering the asking price but to combine postage price if it ends up any cheaper. All was agreed and I asked for the PayPal details; but they came through over night past any reasonable time where you'd expect to still be awake.
    Woke up next morning at 6am and due to past experience just checked I was still okay to send the money. Got a message back saying one of the 3 was now gone (happened to be the one I mainly wanted) but do I still want the other 2.

I said no because the whole thing was ridiculous. You've just put together a deal where you get rid of multiple items, and you've sent them your payment details. Then in the middle of the night you start selling bits included in the deal to other people. Even worse you don't even send a message to update, it's only when I'm paranoid enough to check first that I find out had I followed your instructions in the PM I'd be sending money for nothing and then hoping you decide to send it back.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12387
    munckee said:
    Refresh the page then click on the lol button again and it’ll disappear  ;)