Pedal sounds by technique alone!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    And he's a really nice bloke too, I met him and chatted at the GB Guitar show where he did a set.  Very interesting approach to playing.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    He played my mate's venue a wee while back, I couldn't go for various reasons and he also said he's just a total gent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Not sure if it counts as a pedal sound, but you can get a cool 'gargle' sound on a Strat with a floating trem by flicking the bar downwards with your little finger, causing the bridge to vibrate. I think I read about this in Phil Hilbourne's 'Solo' book, from Steve Lukather's Rosanna solo iirc.

You can get a subtle modulation/vibrato effect on an acoustic by clamping the body with your right arm and pushing and pulling the neck backwards and forwards with your left hand. Clive Carroll and Pierre Bensusan do this.
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    mellowsun said:

You can get a subtle modulation/vibrato effect on an acoustic by clamping the body with your right arm and pushing and pulling the neck backwards and forwards with your left hand. Clive Carroll and Pierre Bensusan do this.
    On electric, Slash does this a lot