**UPDATE 2 - Updated to add thoughts on format, and add venue **
1. It's acoustic. Why? A few benefits, including flexibility of venue if needed, the fact that more than one thing can be happening at opposite corners of the (large) room at once if need be, and no reliance on availability of PA or need to have it working. Plus, it's just nice :-)
2. It's not just a jam. Why? I think mores in acoustic-land it can be hard to see, hear and experience interesting gear (shops well stocked with interesting electric gear are common, acoustic stuff less so), or just types of gear you don't come across every day, and I reckon our fine forum members probably have lots of interesting things, and I'd like to facilitate spreading that knowledge and interest.
3. Performance is part of it, but not compulsory or expected. Why? Becuase it's ace to see acoustic music performed, even moreso with multiple performers, but not everyone feels like they are ready. But they may be another time. With support :-)
4. Yes you can play that tune you love to perform. Why? Why not?
5. Yes we will suggest a few tunes/particular arrangements of tunes that we can each practice and try to perform together. Why? Because that will be fun, and those with flying fingers can have at it, and those with more basic accomplishments can join in too. Kum-bye-motherfuckin'-ahh man
6. Gear: if it's acoustic and vaguely guitar-shaped, feel free to bring it. But not a drum kit, smartarse ;-)
. I for one would be interested to see/hear/try acoustic guitar amplification gear, so bring those too if ou like, but don't expect that we'll be making amplified levels of noise all day - I don't think that fits in with the vibe - it's an addendum, not the main thing.
Venue is Western Audio in Swindon https://www.westernaudiorecording.com/contact-usUPDATE 1:
Date has now been pencilled-in for Sunday 21st July, based on that being the date with the most people free at the time of booking.
Those who said they were up for it and could make that date are:
so that's the current tentative attendee list.
Poll for dates now here:https://doodle.com/poll/wwxp3i3tvqzhukf5
d like to do an acoustic-only thing and have a great venue here in sunny Swindon (it's actually the place that Stuart Ryan records some of his online tution stuff.
For the VERY old and bold who remember it I'm thinking something akin to the event in the big village hall we did outside Swindon years ago - where it was a mix of show-and-tell about and have-a-go on each others gear as well as some playing.
Venue is a big (700sqft) studio live room that is actually pleasent not a foam-lined sweatbox and it is a couple of minutes from McDs/Aldi/Pizza Hut to serve any lunchtime or other sustenance needs.
I'm thinking take the room for a full day (date based on people's preferences) and gather a load of interesting instruments and acoustic-associated equipment in one place for general nerdery and fun.
If I only get 3 or 4 interested I'm still doing it.
And if 20 want to come that'll work just as well.
If you're interested let me.know below and the sooner people shouts dates they can't (or prefer to) do the simpler it'll be :-)
"Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score