LED Dimmers causing noise

Hi guys,

I never had this problem until recently - it's a bit more noticeable when using higher output pickups.

We have a mixture of LED lights, dimmable LED lights and smart LED lights.

My man cave is upstairs in the spare room, and the problem is that when the living room has the lights on (LED dimmable candle lights) - then I get a horrible buzz when I play guitar. Even on a clean channel. If my wife turns the light off in the living room, it stops and is silent. All the other light bulbs in the house do not do this. The man cave is directly on top of the living room.

If I use a noise gate, I have to have it up quite high which kills the tone and sustain. Soooooo i read about and people said Electro Harmonics do a Hum Debugger. So I bought one. It kills the buzz straight away - even the 60 cycle hum from single coils. The only noise is if I have a high distortion setting and you get the noise from that, which a noise gate clears up... however... when I try to do a vibrato with the NG on and Hum Debugger on, my god the vibrato dies! Turning the HD off, it is fine.

How do you all deal with this? Apart from tell the wife to sit in the dark, that is ;)
Guitar(s): Custom Gordon Smith Graduate, FGN Odyssey JOS-FM-M FBT, Ibanez RG6PCMLTD, Yamaha Pacifica 311H, Harley Benton Fusion Pro HSH Amp: Blackstar HT5-R MKII, Presonus Eris E4.5 Active Studio Monitor Speakers  | Effects: Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe, Fender Marine Layer Reverb, Fender The Bends Compressor, TC Electronics Flashback 2, EH Hum Debugger, TC Electronic Polytone 3.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments