Epi George Thorogood Sig

What's Hot
DrBobDrBob Frets: 3012
Just saw this pop up on the Facebook feed

https://guitar.com/news/gear-news/epiphone-george-thorogood-collaborate-on-a-venomous-signature-model/

Another instance of Epi having all the fun as compared to their big brother of late.
Personally I think it could do without the snake graphic on the body as it might put people off what is otherwise a really interesting guitar but again well done Epiphone I reckon !

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4945
    Not a problem, the review says the cobra sticker is removable!

It looks a tasty little number, reminds me of an Epi Sorrento I had in the 90's, although that was red rather than white.

• Love this very much. No indication as to price? The last Epi I really wanted was the Dwight Yoakum one that turned out to be about two grand..  
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3012
    Love this very much. No indication as to price? The last Epi I really wanted was the Dwight Yoakum one that turned out to be about two grand..  
    2k ? Bloody Hell, I know the article says $899 you’d hope they don’t just pull the usual stunt and swap the dollar sign for a pound sign ....
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3090
    £769 at Coda -  nice but ouch!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19283
    Well it is both endorsed and a 'Limited Edition'. So as usual, expect the pricing to be hiked premium  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3681
    Epiphone Limited Editions usually run into limited to hundreds of thousands over the space of many years. But they do love to mix things up. 
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • Don't really understand why Gibson didn't push the ES125 more, just my taste, but I think it's their best looking semi. GT is one of my all time favourite players too, that's THE reference P90 sound for me. I'm pleased he's getting some recognition with these & hope Epiphone do well with them.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6152
    Don't really understand why Gibson didn't push the ES125 more, just my taste, but I think it's their best looking semi.
    I think it started life as a budget/student guitar. Perhaps they figured it would take sales away from their more expensive models. Plus, as the sixties progressed, solid body models seemed more in favour, esp. for kids starting out on guitar. They are excellent guitars, a 125T that I recently sold was one of the best guitars i’ve ever owned - loud acoustically, very comfortable to play and with a great sounding P90.