Any one see this on eBay?

What's Hot
BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
This popped up in one of my searches and i even stuck £100 bid on it but the price it went for is crazy...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar-Turquoise-damaged-/254243116712?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l10137.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

You can buy a sound MIM Tele for £300 and that comes without the added jeopardy of a rusted out interior and split body, I reckon best case this is a £50 fix and worst case who knows! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14719
    Just be grateful that, where he is reflected in the guitar finish, the vendor is fully clothed. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3681
    Its a relic, it must be good.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    I had my eye on that for a top price of £125 but £220 is daft. Typical price for one of those in good condition on eBay at the moment is £325ish so once you’ve done the repairs it’s likely more than that anyway (depending on how capable you are at repairing a guitar and what materials you already have available to you). 
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4231
    Selling stuff as spares or repair on eBay seems to send people into a buying frenzy. A friend of mine has done it with a couple of old cars; I guess it's because everyone thinks they'll be able to break them down and get the money back.

A few years ago my brother sold a Flying V which had fallen over and had a clean headstock break: so many people placed bids that he updated the listing with a big section in capitals saying 'JUST TO REMIND YOU ALL, THIS GUITAR IS  B R O K E N ! ! ', but in the end it went for nearly as much as a brand new one, he was absolutely amazed!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Broken stuff goes for mad money in eBay - over the years I have sold some insane stuff for barmy money - Nikon digital camera (990 if you remember them) that I accidentally filled with Coca Cola - sold for £150. Hofner Club 40 with a broken neck (an early one admittedly) went for more than a sound one at the time - I could give you ten examples - if you think something is crap and worthless, stick it on eBay, describe it honestly and sit back - you will rarely be disappointed 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    Simon_M said:
    I had my eye on that for a top price of £125 but £220 is daft. Typical price for one of those in good condition on eBay at the moment is £325ish so once you’ve done the repairs it’s likely more than that anyway (depending on how capable you are at repairing a guitar and what materials you already have available to you). 
    If it had gone for £125 we'd have been in a bidding war!  :)

I've got the gut's of a mim Tele looking for a home but like you said the risk/reward was to great at that price.
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
     if you think something is crap and worthless, stick it on eBay, describe it honestly and sit back - you will rarely be disappointed 
    Dont tell my missus that... She'll have me on there!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    edited June 2019
    EDIT: Deleted this comment too. Having a minor internal crisis.