Real or fake

What's Hot
Hi guys trying to help a guy out with seeing if the les Paul is real or fake. Serial number comes back to a genuine 2000 les Paul standard from 2000 made in the Nashville plant 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    Listing pulled, fake. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12477
    Says it sold anyway, but from a quick look it’s a fake. 

No fret nibs  

Bridge posts are wrong. 

• He pulled it because he was selling it as genuine but people have told him it’s fake. The poor guys really upset that he just found it’s fake. He didn’t know himself so I said I’d have an ask on here to confirm 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    He pulled it because he was selling it as genuine but people have told him it’s fake. The poor guys really upset that he just found it’s fake. He didn’t know himself so I said I’d have an ask on here to confirm 
    The bridge posts are an easy clue... real ones don’t have those slots. The lack of nibs on the fret ends is another giveaway, although that could be down to a refret. 
    Shame if he’s been stiffed by the way.  :/ It’s actually a nice looking guitar but it’ll be worth a fraction of the value of a real one. Hard to sell too. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72928

Serial number comes back to a genuine 2000 les Paul standard from 2000 made in the Nashville plant 
    Unfortunately the fakers know the Gibson serial numbering schemes, or just copy it from a genuine example, so it means nothing.

boogieman said:

Hard to sell too. 
    Impossible to sell legally, if it says Gibson on it.

Unfortunate if he bought it in good faith.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9738
    edited June 2019
    Facebook groups are awash with fakes - Chibsons, Squiers with fake Fender decals... most sellers do this openly with no shame as well, so disappointing to hear of someone ripped off like this.
  • I feel bad for the guy, he trades his beloved Rory Custom shop for it. And now he’s found it’s a fake... 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom