SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Anyone selling a Budda Superdrive 80?

prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
Pre-Peavey because if there's ever a quasi-mythical "the ones before X happened are better" thing to believe, then I'll believe it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    I've now had all of the series 2 Budda Superdrives, 18, 30, 45 and 80 combos.
    (Just picked up the 30 212 yesterday!)

I've also had a twinmaster and a pre peavey SD30.

The new ones are better built and, to my ears, sounded better.

The 80 is a fantastic amp, sounds amazing but you have to turn it up otherwise its fizzy, thin and lacks any depth.
    The volume is either off or on, and when it's on it's far too loud for home use.

I bought a Rivera Rock Crusher attenuator specifically for the 80 and it worked well, smoothing out the volume taper and letting the power stage to work, which is where the tone comes from, all of the preamp circuits are the same.

All of mine have been modded to the variable lead channel boost control, otherwise the lead channel compresses too much and ends up quieter than the clean channel at gig volume.

Apologies for going off on a tangent, I don't have one to sell!
    They come up used quite often as people read the reviews saying they're great amps but cant turn them up at home and are very disappointed with them and flip them quickly.

I really love these amps.

Good luck with your search!
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    Thanks for the info, always good to hear more first-hand experience.