The VST Pledge Thread

What's Hot
I will not buy any more new VSTs until I have completed 5 more mixes.

Who will join me in curbing their plugin GAS?
ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    Dont think I've bought a VST yet, but then again, I'm not that good with the free ones.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    Does all the crap in Komplete 12 count as VST plugins? And I want to buy and not use Valhalla Delay...
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22116
    Just bought Komplete 12 so I'm probably on more of a purge than a buying spree for a bit. 

Oh, but I will add Audiority's HM-2 emulation to the list before I quit :)

• what about AU's? I can still buy those right?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • marxskimarxski Frets: 250
    I just bought Reason 10.4 Intro. It has a max track count of 16 including MiDi. I’m allowing myself a max of 4 VSTs on top of the stock tools. My idea is that the limitations will force me to make decisions, concentrate on the music and generally stop fannying around. Working well so far. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    saw a demo of Ugritone, Northern Artillery drums, had to buy it just for the name, already have SSD5, but wanted some limiting factors to help me concentrate on the 'whole' rather than too many tweakables.
    Very metal drums, but not a bad buy really, drums are a big thing for me-cant get past the drum/bass eq mix choices, amazing how much of the 20-20k range a drum kit covers, and cymbals cause me no end of frustrations.
    my last major purchase was the Fabfilter suite, so I think I'm done for a while.
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    You know what, I've actually reached the point where I'm thinking "yup, I've got everything I need to do what I want" ... its quite a nice feeling.

The only exception will be new releases from EastWest but that's purely because I'm on a subscription so I can use the ones I already use ... so I'm not sure that counts.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just bought Komplete 12 recently so I'm pretty well set. The only thing I want really that I haven't got at the moment is the SoundToys 5 bundle - I have their Little Plate verb and it's insane. $500 for the bundle, but I'm waiting until I become a student again in September so I can get it half price...
  • Just bought Komplete 12 recently so I'm pretty well set. The only thing I want really that I haven't got at the moment is the SoundToys 5 bundle - I have their Little Plate verb and it's insane. $500 for the bundle, but I'm waiting until I become a student again in September so I can get it half price...
    Which DAW are you using?
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Just bought Komplete 12 recently so I'm pretty well set. The only thing I want really that I haven't got at the moment is the SoundToys 5 bundle - I have their Little Plate verb and it's insane. $500 for the bundle, but I'm waiting until I become a student again in September so I can get it half price...
    How is their little plate verb insane? I've got a code somewhere but never got round to installing it. Would love to hear your thoughts!
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    So I'm totally failing this in 14 days.....
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    Diezel sim?
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    Its so good.....
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Why don't u just complete more mixes in the next 14 days?