Any builders/modders prepared to look over at my schematic?

What's Hot
parker_knollparker_knoll Frets: 85

I'm looking at modding a couple of channels from my 1969 Laney PA into something  closer to a Supergroup. 

I had a crack with the following schematic. Before I get started I'd be grateful if anyone can identify any obvious mistakes. Yes I know about draining the caps before I start work. 

Thanks. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rQn01bZ9lAWIDIsc24pmG_CN286NJYSU
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1643

Can only see part of that schematic. Can you not post as .pdf?

Dave.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72829
    edited June 2019
    It won’t be possible to any sensible degree because the whole circuit topology, especially the tone stack arrangement, is completely different. Don’t ruin a nice original amp like that to try to turn it into a half-baked version of something it can never be.

Get a Black Country Customs overdrive pedal or a Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret or Sabbra Cadabra and run it in front. 

Sorry for the lecture .

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• parker_knollparker_knoll Frets: 85
    edited June 2019
    The amp has six channels,  ICBM, I've already modded two of them, now im going to mod two more. Two remain stock. So it's already ruined/improved  (delete as appropriate). 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The amp has six channels,  ICBM, I've already modded two of them, now im going to mod two more. Two remain stock. So it's already ruined/improved  (delete as appropriate). 
    OK, but you still won't be able to get even close to the Supergroup circuit without stripping two channels completely and rebuilding them as a single one with a cathode-follower tone stack and a mid control. The tone stack you've drawn above is still the 'James' one and sounds completely different.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Yep, i was going for modified James as that's already in place, but if no good I'll go for a Fender-style tone circuit
    It’s not no good, it just doesn’t sound even remotely similar. Just copy the schematic for the Supergroup.

• I mean I'll listen to it first and see if I like it since this is relatively little work.