SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Collection of Patrick Eggles... One Berlin left.

What's Hot

Comments

• imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3751
    Are prices posted?
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 836
    Sorry @imalrightjack - I exceeded the word count in the first post so had to include some info in the post 5 up from here. In short, I'd prefer collection, although may be possible at cost 
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1739
    Good luck with the sale, 
    These seem a lot of guitar for the money. 
    edited June 2019
    Thanks @musicman100 ;; - I've tried to be fair and competitive with pricing. Clearly someone else agrees, as the Berlin Standard is now sold...

• gjonesygjonesy Frets: 146
    RevMatt said:
    Thanks @musicman100 ;; - I've tried to be fair and competitive with pricing. Clearly someone else agrees, as the Berlin Standard is now sold...

Thank God for that! Was trying figure out what I could sell to get it. Don't need to worry now.
    I expect the others will shift quickly too. 
    edited July 2019
    Happy to help @gjonesy - although this may or may not help... I'm adding one more to the list, which if sells will mean I withdraw and keep the green Berlin Pro above.

@Schnozz - this one has 22 frets!

Guitar: Berlin Vintage Classic - £1200

Background: this is my 'Berlin Vintage Classic' which although dates back to 1996, I actually bought it brand new (old stock) in about 2007. The 'BVC' was, at the time of manufacture, one of the most expensive Berlins available with an RRP of about £2200 and a factory direct price of about £1700. It only featured in the catalogue for a year or so and in all my years of collecting Eggles I only ever come across a handful. The spec is great, with locking Sperzel tuners, 2 piece fixed bridge, Seymour Duncan Seth Lover pickups and a Les Paul type control layout. Construction is a mahogany body with figured maple top, a maple set neck with a 22 fret ebony fretboard. 

Condition: although this is the Eggle I've owned the longest and played the most, the condition is superb with no dings, chips or scrapes. The only real evidence of any age is some tarnishing to the pickup covers and light swirls in the finish on the back of the body. Frets got a bit of a light dress a few years ago and are in great shape. 

Includes: original Eggle/Hiscox case in excellent condition. The pictured wooden truss rod cover will be replaced by the plain black one it was supplied with and the original strap buttons will be re-instated.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    One of the green Berlins now sold and the other withdrawn - the buyer is still deciding which they're buying and I will be keeping whichever is left.

That just leaves the Vienna for one discerning buyer!
    Buyer withdrew so green Berlins are still available.

I'm amazed the Berlin Pro is still around at that price...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2019
    Surprised the keenly priced Berlin Pro and Vienna are still here, although with 5 facebook enquiries yesterday I'm sure it won't be long...
    In spite of the enthusiastic interest in these guitars when I first mentioned them, I'm amazed none of them have yet sold through this forum - of course there's still time, but taking advantage of a zero fees offer, they're now also on eBay.
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    That Vienna Plus is lovely. If I had a spare £625, you'd have my spare £625. GLWS.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    edited June 2019
    Isn't that why we were born with 2 kidneys @ChuckManual ? ;) 

Berlin Pro now sold pending the usual and the BVC withdrawn.
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    RevMatt said:
    Isn't that why we were born with 2 kidneys @ChuckManual ? ;) 

Berlin Pro now sold pending the usual and the BVC withdrawn.
    Oh, my advanced G.A.S. means I'm on about minus six kidneys now...
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 694
    For some reason I had it in my head that these were collection only. Between that and just having had an operation, the Berlin Pro has eluded me. WOE.
    Ah sorry @Darryl_Morris - I would have happily posted for you, but at least you have something else incoming to look forward to.

Anyone for a Viennese Whirl... The scarlet lady remains unclaimed!
    Ah Vienna...
    edited July 2019
    Ok... Just the Vienna left and a great deal for this less common model
    I really can't drop any lower than this but £600 for the Vienna - I think a hand built UK guitar from the heyday of Patrick Eggle is a great buy!
    edited July 2019
    Although if you can't stretch to the bargain £600 I'm happy to sell the case seperately and you have the guitar alone for £560!

Now Sold.
    The Berlin Vintage Classic is potentially back up for sale - the green one,  not in the first post but part way down the first page.