500k alessandro pots ???

What's Hot
I read that the 500k alessandro pots are the best pots going for when you want to use your volume knob to get your clean tones, because of their taper I assume.

How true is this, and where can you get them? I have CTS pots and can't say that they're that great for this sort of thing.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I’ve never heard of alessandro pots, but would recommend prs pots which you can get from the prs uk website. They come with a pre soldered treble bleed resistor and are excellent for humbuckers and getting a clean sound from a dirty amp. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Z28Z28 Frets: 40
    VIPots are supposed to be really good for that purpose as well! I haven't tried them yet, but they should be a lot like old Centralabs. I have tried Emerson, RS Guitarworks and 'custom' CTS pots with 9% tolerance. All three work well for me for that kind of thing. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4195
    I’ve never heard of alessandro pots, but would recommend prs pots which you can get from the prs uk website. They come with a pre soldered treble bleed resistor and are excellent for humbuckers and getting a clean sound from a dirty amp. 
    I find PRS pots way too loose for me, every US  PRS I’ve I owned has been frustrating in this albeit minor respect
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    Alessandro pots are made by PEC if I'm not mistaken, they're really great quality pots. I suppose Alessandro specs them out to PEC with a custom taper. And as I've owned an Alessandro Bluetick amp, I can tell you they definitely feel and respond slightly differently.

Are they better? That's arguable, they're higher end, but I prefer to have regular CTS or alpha in my guitars.

I know some amp builders like Germino, Metroamps have used PEC pots for some specific controls in their marshall based designs. Not sure if that's still the case.

I think CTS are as great as any at that sort of thing, but it all depends on the nature of the circuit, the guitar and of course the taper. Within the CTS range you have multiple tapers, some of which are custom ordered by companies/retailers, such as the RS kit pots for les pauls for example, which are CTS.
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3301
    tFB Trader
    The best log pots I've found so far are crazyparts soft vintage taper cts pots, they really bloody work, i was using linear volumes before but I'll be sticking to these from now on, very impressed 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    The best log pots I've found so far are crazyparts soft vintage taper cts pots, they really bloody work, i was using linear volumes before but I'll be sticking to these from now on, very impressed 
    The SVT crazyparts pots really are very good.

the only place I’ve come across that sells Alessandro pots is CE Distribution in the states (but they only sell to businesses)

Banzai music stock the amp pots only don’t think they stock 500k. 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials