NPD. Let the spite commence

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Gassage said:
    Congrats James. Hope it's cool dude!
    Has someone stolen your login? That's a really nice thing to say.
    I'm a nice person :)

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited June 2019
    Delete stupid comment. SCs = Single Coil's, obviously.

How are you setting it, James, I'm seriously considering selling my RYRA as I've got next to zero use of it at the moment.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30923

How are you setting it, James, I'm seriously considering selling my RYRA as I've got next to zero use of it at the moment.
    JT,

Can honestly say the Cornish G2 into the Klon is spectacular. Settings- I change them all the time, but I love low g on it

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    It’s a wonderful sounding thing, no question
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7869
    If I send you my Mosky Golden Horsey, will you do a comparison? M ;)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    TheMarlin said:
    If I send you my Mosky Golden Horsey, will you do a comparison? M ;)
    Please say yes, @Gassage ;
  • Gassage said:

JT,

Can honestly say the Cornish G2 into the Klon is spectacular. Settings- I change them all the time, but I love low g on it
    Thanks, sir, I've had more of a play with it this morning and I've got it sounding good again with various bits, so I'm happy :-) your thread has inspired me to play guitar and experiment!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1648
    edited June 2019
    Gassage said:
    So: the verdict; assuming I’ve set them identically the Klon with SCs is marginally richer/thicker but you’d not notice unless in a studio environment.

The Klone is actually slightly better with HBs as it cuts through, but with SCs, the original has a 5% edge of thickness and loveliness- that could be component drift/tols. Haven’t yet decided to flip or keep.
    Out of interest, how loud are you running the amp and have you got a gig/rehearsal or something to really put it through its paces?

I’ve got a KTR and found on its own, at home volumes, it just sounds like any other similar pedal. However, in a band with my amp nice and loud it really starts to sound great as a boost or an overdrive. Cuts so well and sounds so fat and sparkly.
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    Why ‘spite’?
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7869
    daveyh said:
    Why ‘spite’?
     Some people don’t like it when others buy nice expensive things. 

More power to him, Mr Gassage is a good guy with good taste in musical wotnots.  He’s one all ‘vintage’ lately, clever choice!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Dan_Halen said:
    Gassage said:
    So: the verdict; assuming I’ve set them identically the Klon with SCs is marginally richer/thicker but you’d not notice unless in a studio environment.

The Klone is actually slightly better with HBs as it cuts through, but with SCs, the original has a 5% edge of thickness and loveliness- that could be component drift/tols. Haven’t yet decided to flip or keep.
    Out of interest, how loud are you running the amp and have you got a gig/rehearsal or something to really put it through its paces?

I’ve got a KTR and found on its own, at home volumes, it just sounds like any other similar pedal. However, in a band with my amp nice and loud it really starts to sound great as a boost or an overdrive. Cuts so well and sounds so fat and sparkly.
    Some pedals are like that. King of Tone being the classic example.