Any Blackface users who use Amplitube? What's the best emulation on there?

What's Hot
victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1015
I use Amplitube when I can as it's very handy. I have the '57 Deluxe model, which I think is very good. It may not be exactly like the real thing, but I find it convincing. I've tried a few of the Blackface models, but never really spent much time with them. Before I embark on some tests again, I wondered what opinions were out there, if indeed there are any... Cheers all ;-)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• racist
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scovell001scovell001 Frets: 60
    I’ve got amplitube (all of the custom shop amps) which I use on my iMac with logic mainly. I use an m-track 2x2 as an interface & of late use a Thorpy fat general before the interface to give the pickups something to see (as it were) and help things along a bit . IMO the best clean blackface tone seems to be from the default amp, which goes into a little 4x10 cab if I recall. 

I have the original custom shop fender amps as well as the fender custom shop 2 pack with the 57 tweed deluxe. I think the tweed deluxe sounds nice for what it is but next to my lazy j as you can imagine it’s a different ball game.

in terms of software, my friend who owns a recording studio uses the UAD Apollo & the various plugins. He says that, that is night & day against everything else as it has the preamp built in. I’ve not tried it, but guess that would be the next logical step.

Personally speaking I enjoy software a lot & recording myself as it’s great for working on technique. 

• JotaJota Frets: 464
    I have a DRRi. My favorite amp on Amplitube is the Super Reverb (can't remember how they call it there).
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    I'm not a blackface owner. (Does a Super Champ XD count? Thought not!)
    I do however really like the Amplitube 3 '65 Twin for basic clean and '64 Vibroverb Custom models. The latter is great for covering lots of sounds as it has extra gain when you switch from the stock to modified settings. Nothing too scary, just a nice classic rock level of crunch.
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1015
    Cheers for all the comments here! :-)