Mesa Boogie Studio 22+ combo to head conversion

andyg_prsandyg_prs Frets: 57
Hi,

I want to convert the 1 x 12 combo into a head. 

I think any of the DC / Mark Series head shells will work, however I'm not sure, or how to check.  does anyone know?

Here is a video of a standard head version of the Studio 22+

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gubblegubble Frets: 1763
    i'm actually looking at buying a 1x12 combo  Studio 22+ myself.
    If you don't fancy converting it but would like to sell it i'd be very interested :)

• andyg_prsandyg_prs Frets: 57
    Thanks for the offer.  I hear these are supposed to be noisy but this one is mint and really quiet....so I have two challenges.

1. Finding a head version at all.
    2. Finding a head version as good as my combo - this sounds amazing!!

If you happen to know about any head versions that would be great.  In the meantime, here is a pic :)  I drove 4 hours (well much longer but that was traffic) to get it!

• webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1037
    edited June 2019
    All of the short head combos are the same size - from Mark I-IV - mark V only comes in the wide format. The Studio 22+ is the same dimensions as the mark series, my 22+ fits in my mark III head shell.

Edit - there is a guy called GTS on the boogie board who will make you made to measure head shells - I've got 2 of his and they are superb!
  • andyg_prsandyg_prs Frets: 57
    All of the short head combos are the same size - from Mark I-IV - mark V only comes in the wide format. The Studio 22+ is the same dimensions as the mark series, my 22+ fits in my mark III head shell.

Edit - there is a guy called GTS on the boogie board who will make you made to measure head shells - I've got 2 of his and they are superb!
    Thanks - that was what I was hoping to hear as very occasionally they come up for sale.

In terms of GTS, is he UK-based and how much does (did) he charge?  I'm on a budget....

Cheers,
    Andy