Paying for PR

What's Hot
Anyone ever paid for PR, and if so how much and did it work?? Don't want to spunk £1200+ up the wall if it's pointless!!!!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26741
    I'm curious about this, too. Watching.

We've got it narrowed down to a list of what appear to be the usual suspects - Hold Tight!, Prescription, Stampede and a few others.
    <space for hire>
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    My mate has just done this, it blew up really quickly for them, within two weeks they were in Metal Hammer and Kerrang! with featured tracks, 5000 streams within month (I think thats what he said). I suppose it is whether it continues, but it was a bloody good start.
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26741
    Jason said:
    My mate has just done this, it blew up really quickly for them, within two weeks they were in Metal Hammer and Kerrang! with featured tracks, 5000 streams within month (I think thats what he said). I suppose it is whether it continues, but it was a bloody good start.
    Who did he use?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:
    Who did he use?
    Devil PR 
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5407
    Probably an obvious aside, but make sure you get the right kind of PR if you do.

I've got a mate who runs a PR consultancy, and whilst he's done various sides, his primary focus these days is on the "public image" and "optics" side of things, as well as crisis management/damage limitation strategies, rather than the "actively promote my brand and get doors opened". It ought to be obvious early on which kind of organisation you're dealing with, but worth bearing in mind. Unless you're looking to crack the CCM scene in the US and have just bitten the head off a chicken or something.