Anyone just get rid to just one guitar

What's Hot
ZonularZonular Frets: 62
Alright guys, did you guys ever pair down to just one. Currently I've a mim Tele (2004 with piledrivers) a Yamaha lord player with JB/jazz. Paired with that a ibanez atk 400 and a short scale with flats. My acoustics are a BC rich electro acoustic and a classical gifted to me. 
Mainly play on headphones or a micro cube.

What would you guys get rid of or keep ? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Get rid of the crazy idea.

I've tried.  It doesn't work.  Trust me.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • ZonularZonular Frets: 62
    Ill admit the collection I have has stayed this way for the best part of ten years
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    tele for keeps
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72369
    Two electrics, two acoustics and two basses isn't excessive at all, especially if the acoustics are steel and nylon string and the basses are strung differently like that.

Would you be happier with only one electric? Do you only play one of them rarely? Do you have the other one just because you "need a humbucker/single coil (delete as appropriate) guitar". If yes to all that, then sell the one you don't use. You don't "need" both types of guitar, and you only need a spare if you're gigging professionally. If none of that applies then keep both of them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    edited June 2019
    Zonular said:
    Alright guys, did you guys ever pair down to just one. Currently I've a mim Tele (2004 with piledrivers) a Yamaha lord player with JB/jazz. Paired with that a ibanez atk 400 and a short scale with flats. My acoustics are a BC rich electro acoustic and a classical gifted to me. 
    Mainly play on headphones or a micro cube.

What would you guys get rid of or keep ? 

In your case or mine? I have a Jackson Dinky that I absolutely will never sell, a Jackson Soloist bought for my 40th and a Washburn Mercury MG72 bought for my 18th and something jars with me about selling presents. So that is three keepers for definite. I have some shreddy home made thing that sounds epic that I couldn’t sell for buttons so why bother?  I have an Audition that again is worthless so not worth ‘selling’. 

The two i would sell is a Washburn Mercury MG44 and a knockdown price but I won’t post it and guitar players mostly seem to be lazy bastards who think getting off their sofa is akin to climbing the north face of K2 in winter solo.  The other is an Epi LP Custom but I cannot be bothered to argue with a chancer claiming it is something it isn’t like has happened to so many Epi owners on Facebook who ended up losing both their legit guitars and the money. One  Gibson owner actually used pictures of Ryan Roxie’s Gibson that they actually fucking gave him and he got a ban for selling counterfeit goods ffs! Too many overnight oracles.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1949
    I have JUST a Les Paul at the moment.

...However, I would like a Precision and a Dreadnought.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3463
    I went down to just a Tele a while back, I have to admit I enjoyed only having one,  then I bought a Strat type guitar by accident, sold it, bought an LP type on purpose so I could have one in open tuning. Ive been through a fair few guitars over the last few years but I feel I have all I need now.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    I could go down to 1 electric (my tele) and one acoustic (Yamaha APX) but I wouldn't want too ;)
    Nikc said:
    I could go down to 1 electric (my tele) and one acoustic (Yamaha APX) but I wouldn't want too ;)
    I did just that! It was pretty good for a while until I bought another guitar, totally by mistake!

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    robgilmo said:
    Nikc said:
    I did just that! It was pretty good for a while until I bought another guitar, totally by mistake!

Was this the Aria strat? that was no mistake, you bought that in good faith, you done a NGD and everything, we all saw it, how was it a mistake what on earth did you think you were buying robgilmo?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    edited June 2019
    Been rocking one for a while. Currently don’t have a guitar at all because I was going to quit playing. Still on the forum because i’m a sad loser (and selling my amp - buy it!).
    Funnily enough, I brought a friends guitar round to repair on Saturday and my youngest son (who has *never* given a shit about any of the loads of guitars I’ve ever had around, ever) all of a sudden likes guitar. Wants me to play songs he likes all the time. He wants a guitar. He wants to learn how to play. 

I am going to end up getting another guitar. And probably one for him (he’s too small to share mine). Only having one guitar is a really really good thing though and I totally recommend it. 

Edit - to answer your question, keep the Tele, sell the rest. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:
    robgilmo said:
    Nikc said:

Was this the Aria strat? that was no mistake, you bought that in good faith, you done a NGD and everything, we all saw it, how was it a mistake what on earth did you think you were buying robgilmo?
    A cheeky low ball auction bid safe in the knowledge that I wasn't going to win it! But I did! I didn't regret it, it was a lovely thing, I just didn't really need it. When I sold it I regretted it instantly but I already had bought its replacement! 
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    robgilmo said:
    Nikc said:

A fine choice - my APX is black but where in harmony with the Tele's ;)
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    Yes. Didn't work. Made my GAS worse if anything!
    Nikc said:
    robgilmo said:
    Nikc said:

A fine choice - my APX is black but where in harmony with the Tele's ;)
    Great minds think alike. My APX used to be a very pale natural but the years have taken their toll on it. A Black face Tele is a guitar for life!
  • JotaJota Frets: 464
    I can't. I need at least one backup. Well, I gigged with one guitar for years but I can't do it anymore. Too risky for my current gig.
    Now I'm down to three.
    Main is a tele, backup is a Ibanez AS73 and I have a strat that I keep at my job to practice when I have the time.
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    I've done it before & can do it again, although the absolute end goal for me is 2 acoustics/2 teles. I'm half way there.
  • Revolting1Revolting1 Frets: 295
    Its not worth it - you'll wear out your frets........
    When logic and proportion
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    edited June 2019
    I’ve done it. In fact my only electric also only has one pickup, a bridge humbucker. 
    I don’t miss others and it’s made me learn this guitar inside and out. 

I will  get another guitar someday but it’s going to have to be something special as I don’t want something for the sake of having something. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22892
    Its not worth it - you'll wear out your frets........
    Get it refretted with stainless.