Delivery warnings

Tat2dsteshTat2dstesh Frets: 193
Ok so this is not a personal delivery but one for work and not guitar related but worth noting. 

so this morning at my work I have had to contact Amazon as I was due a delivery of a new Network switch for work and when I checked it was meant to have been delivered at 6:50pm lastnight. No one is at the office at 6:50 to take the delivery and we are in an industrial estate. So I checked CCTV footage (thank god) and we have a nice video of the driver getting out of his car going to the boot, scanning the items and then driving off. 
As you can imagine its been fun calling amazon about this and its getting sorted, but it made me wonder that if people are out there doing this kind of crap, I worry if I order anything guitar related and it never turns up if I get it delivered to work 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7329
    I had one of them knock on my door at 22:10. When I opened it he was gone, but I had an email saying delivered. It was nowhere to be found. No idea what that was all about or why he knocked only to disappear.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5382
    We often get emails saying the package has been "handed to resident" late at night when being delivered to work. Normally go in the next day to find it's just propped up leaning against the office door. Fortunately it's in a relatively sheltered location, but even so ...
  • Nicely done with that CCTV.

It just gets worse. They want to finish ASAP and not wait for you. Yesterday I saw a Royal Mail postie lightly rap on the PORCH door of a neighbour. Not a hope in hell that would ever be heard; which is their intention. At my house I have a both a porch doorbell and a front doorbell, as well as a sign reading 'DO NOT KNOCK'. 

A video recorder will be the next thing I install
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12375
    Ok so this is not a personal delivery but one for work and not guitar related but worth noting. 

so this morning at my work I have had to contact Amazon as I was due a delivery of a new Network switch for work and when I checked it was meant to have been delivered at 6:50pm lastnight. No one is at the office at 6:50 to take the delivery and we are in an industrial estate. So I checked CCTV footage (thank god) and we have a nice video of the driver getting out of his car going to the boot, scanning the items and then driving off. 
    As you can imagine its been fun calling amazon about this and its getting sorted, but it made me wonder that if people are out there doing this kind of crap, I worry if I order anything guitar related and it never turns up if I get it delivered to work 

I've never had an Amazon delivery from somebody driving a car, it's always been someone in a van. Is that a common thing now, or are they subbing the work out to the likes of drivers from Hermes etc?
  • I get the impression ordinary private people are delivering for Amazon now. It certainly looks that way. 

I normally avoid any service involving Hermes. The so called tracking service is a joke. I received continued tracking updates a day after accepting delivery. 
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1174
    I normally avoid any service involving Hermes. The so called tracking service is a joke.
    I've sent many consignments by Hermes and have found them to be excellent.  My local guy is a treasure.