Hard case question...

Can you fit a PRS singlecut (like the PRS SE 245) in a "Les Paul" case? Or is the scale length and the shape of the body going to make it a poor fit? I have 2x hard cases that are designed to fit "Les Paul style guitars". One is a Gator branded case, one is a Stagg branded case. The former used to house an Epiphone Les Paul Studio, the latter a Vintage Icon V100. The Stagg I found was a bit of a tight fit for an Epiphone but the Vintage fit snugly. 

Got them back from my parents. They've been living in the garage unoccupied for years since the guitars have all been sold (due to a mix of financial issues, having kids, and not having room for guitars where we were living at the time). Anyway, I'm ready to get back in to playing and I am eying up options and would really like to get either a Les Paul Standard/Classic or a PRS Singlecut (SE Standard 245). 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Yes you can and I do (Bernie Marsden model).
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    The money to pay for a new PRS SE Singlecut 245 ought to be enough for a pre-owned S2 version.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • The money to pay for a new PRS SE Singlecut 245 ought to be enough for a pre-owned S2 version.
    I'm not overly familiar with PRS's range so I'm not sure what you're referring to/what the difference is?