I really love this crazy thing.

What's Hot
KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18966
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18966
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Ooof, that's really cool. Gives me early sci-fi movie vibes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Ugly as feck. 
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    An organ guitar  :# what could possibly go wrong?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14569
    H7 already has at least one guit-organ in “project” condition.

The vital phrase, conspicuous by its absence from the Gumtree item description, is “full working order”.

Without that tiny detail, the only dreamer, tyre kicker, time waster is the vendor himself.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3581
    The description is a little bleek, my guess is it should read ''found this in my attic, dont know anything about it, cant test it, cant find the full stop button on my key board''.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    edited June 2019
    How does one kick the tyres on an organ guitar?

Answers on a postcard to...
    Mr. Tim E. Waster
    c/of Bedroom Guitar Sales
    The Recording Studios
    Essex
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    edited June 2019
    H7 already has at least one guit-organ in “project” condition.

The vital phrase, conspicuous by its absence from the Gumtree item description, is “full working order”.

Without that tiny detail, the only dreamer, tyre kicker, time waster is the vendor himself.

Indeed.

I do have one...and am actively looking for another...and another, and another...

But, to the subject in hand....that's way overpriced and almost certainly NOT fully working.

Whether Vox, Godwin (Sisme) or whatever, the only certainty with these failed experiments is that they were entirely unreliable.

A fully working one is a rarity, but that doesn't necessarily add value...the only question is *when* it will stop working, not *if* it will stop working...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6106
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Oh yes, white is very cool. Reminds me of Ian Curtis  :'(
  • david1050david1050 Frets: 2
    The price is too high.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72575
    david1050 said:
    The price is bonkers
    FTFY

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7931
    Arn’t these notoriously difficult to play?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72575
    TheMarlin said:
    Yes. They're extremely heavy, awkwardly (un)balanced, the neck feels bizarre because it's huge and doesn't taper towards the nut - in photos, it almost looks like it gets wider, but it's an optical illusion - you can't bend strings because there are six small fret sections so the strings catch in the gaps, and the Bigsby-style trem is creaky and instantly puts it out of tune. And that's even before you try to figure out what all the controls do...

At least, that's my memory of the only one I've actually seen in person.

I suppose as a historical curiosity - in all-original condition, with the case and all the rest of the stuff - it might be worth a fair amount to a collector, even if not working... but as a playable instrument I doubt it's of any real value.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    TheMarlin said:
    Yes. They're extremely heavy, awkwardly (un)balanced, the neck feels bizarre because it's huge and doesn't taper towards the nut - in photos, it almost looks like it gets wider, but it's an optical illusion - you can't bend strings because there are six small fret sections so the strings catch in the gaps, and the Bigsby-style trem is creaky and instantly puts it out of tune. And that's even before you try to figure out what all the controls do...

At least, that's my memory of the only one I've actually seen in person.

I suppose as a historical curiosity - in all-original condition, with the case and all the rest of the stuff - it might be worth a fair amount to a collector, even if not working... but as a playable instrument I doubt it's of any real value.
    You're just trying to get the seller to drop his price, aren't you  :)  ;)