Best new production 5Y3 (and filter cap!) for a Fender Champ

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1596
    That looks pretty much identical to the one I have here. White Mallory coupling caps in this one.  

Im not proposing to do it but how do you straighten the buckled board? Do you soak it then press it and let it dry very slowly under pressure? This one has a sort of hump backed bridge effect about a third of the way along from the preamp end. Probably 10mm high in the middle.   
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407

Im not proposing to do it but how do you straighten the buckled board? Do you soak it then press it and let it dry very slowly under pressure? This one has a sort of hump backed bridge effect about a third of the way along from the preamp end. Probably 10mm high in the middle.   
    I wouldn't worry about it at all, since it doesn't affect the operation.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• springheadspringhead Frets: 1596
    I quite like the Dali effect!  My only concern is the amp is a bit noisy and maybe that's due to the board being conductive (I can measure upto 1V in places).  I know flattening it wouldn't cure that though.  I probably need to run it for a while longer and see if that changes. 
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020