Toy Story 4 - looks good!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• joneve said:
    I'm finding the fact that a lot of you weren't enamoured with TS3 a bit of a shock. The whole scene where they're in the rubbish processing plant and about to be sent into a pit of molten lava is absolutely soul destroying. Horses for courses I suppose! 

I guess having "grown up" with the franchise (I was 11 when the first one came out in 95), I'd developed a real bond with the characters.

I grew up with it as well. I just thought it was very clunky - not subtle, just plot point after plot point. The scene you mention I thought was really weird, not emotional at all - just a problem. My friends disagreed and two literally cried at the end - no idea why, it's a happy ending... 

It'd be a boring world if we all agreed :) the first two, and especially the first, are absolutely brilliant, and probably in my top 20 films. 

I loved Up but thought it was a bit weak in the middle... 

Spirited away is a wonderful animated film - highly recommended! 

I'll probably watch toy story 4 but my first impression is that it is a cash grab, because they really concluded it at toy story 3 as a trilogy... Or so it felt to me at least. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Well. I thoroughly enjoyed that! 
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    It was superb 
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1302
    Brilliant and hilarious
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    sinbaadi said:
    Brilliant and hilarious
    Probably the funniest one since the original. I was crying during the Combat Carl scene. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24306
    https://youtu.be/ElhbTsKsros

Cry, ya bastads.....
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    The Toy Story theme tune was designed for Swingers Parties.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Very well played ! LOL.
    Talking of Randy Newman, (NPI!), his song “It’s the time of your life” (ending credits in “A Bug’s Life”), contains the line “You can only go round just one time, as far as I can tell” (00:50 in...)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8tY_ntpuEhk

...but the backing singers then reply with “he could be wrong about that”.  

I can’t help wondering whether this was inserted as an afterthought to appease the God-fearin’, Bible-bashin’ crowd so popular in Americky...
  • shrinkwrapshrinkwrap Frets: 512
    Thanks for the reviews - my daugher (19) wants me to see it with her as her boyfriend has turned his nose up at it!
    Love these movies - Buzz's angst when he's dressed up in doll's clothes and getting high on Darjeeling.
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Emp_Fab said:
    Talking of Randy Newman, (NPI!), his song “It’s the time of your life” (ending credits in “A Bug’s Life”), contains the line “You can only go round just one time, as far as I can tell” (00:50 in...)

I can’t help wondering whether this was inserted as an afterthought to appease the God-fearin’, Bible-bashin’ crowd so popular in Americky...
    https://youtu.be/C0TvfqmWf4M

Randy Newman does not. give. a. fuck.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5165
    I’m off to see it tomorrow with the Kids & Mrstone1....gotta be done I spose :)
    Saw it this morning. Son loved it. I thought it was good - better than I expected and a good way to close out the franchise. I preferred Missing Link and Lego Movie 2 but it was well-worth watching. The little aliens weren’t in it enough!
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5165
    I saw it this afternoon.... I’m a bit of an old cynic in that I don’t think it added anything to the Toy Story films.. it ended better on the 3rd film... :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    JDE said:
    Emp_Fab said:

https://youtu.be/C0TvfqmWf4M

Randy Newman does not. give. a. fuck.
    I wasn't suggesting it was at Randy's behest, but more a dictat from the powers that be in Disney.
    Emp_Fab said:
    I wasn't suggesting it was at Randy's behest, but more a dictat from the powers that be in Disney.
    I don’t think he would kowtow to them, to be honest. From what I gather about him, he probably he enjoys infiltrating the car stereo of families on the school run. He’s quite the character - have a nosebag at the documentary “I Am, Unfortunately, Randy Newman.” He is basically the Larry David of songwriters.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    tone1 said:
    I saw it this afternoon.... I’m a bit of an old cynic in that I don’t think it added anything to the Toy Story films.. it ended better on the 3rd film... :s
    I agree. By following the same formula the focus on what it was trying to achieve was lost, more so by introducing Forky: either a wasted character or an unnecessary one depending on how you look at it. Really the premise should’ve been about the OG and some meaningful departure; but  instead it was a formulaic approach that ended in a rather anticlimactic farewell.