Mex strat specs?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• HerrMetalHerrMetal Frets: 546
    edited June 2019
    daveyh said:
    crunchman said:
    What model is the Strat in the OP?  Is it a basic Standard Series, or a Classic Series, or a Classic Player?  They don't all have the same pickups.
    Thats the thing, cant find which model is it as I cang find reference to parchment scratchplates
    IIRC. Standard series would have small headstock, vintage tremolo, truss rod adjustment at the headstock, 9.5" radius. Classic Series 50's / 60's would be small headstock, vintage tremolo, truss rod at heel, 7.5" radius. Classic Series 70's would be large headstock, bullet truss rod at headstock. Classic Player, small headstock, 2 point trem, truss rod at heel, 12" radius.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12415
    Classic player say custom shop designed on the neckplate I seem to remember from the one I had.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7131
    classic players have custom 69 pickups!!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12415
    tony99 said:
    classic players have custom 69 pickups!!
    or 57/62 if CP50s, would also have a v neck if 50s and 9.5 radius.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14568
    Chrome Red is a "modern" metallic colour. It would be anachronous on a Classic or Classic Player model. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11469

Chrome Red is a "modern" metallic colour. It would be anachronous on a Classic or Classic Player model. 
    They have done some limited editions in other colours over the years.  I have a very fetching Jetstream Blue Strat from 2015.
    Perhaps one of the Anachronistic Player models, discontinued for now but will no doubt pop up again in the future...
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    Its defo not a Classic Player, and doubt its a classic as it has the modern two pin tuners. I’m thinking it might be a FSR.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9671
    Could the pickguard be a replacement? Maybe swapped the original for a loaded pickguard? We need to solve this mystery!
    Where's the truss adjust?
  • HerrMetalHerrMetal Frets: 546
    Had a nose through a 2008 Fender catalogue online and the only Chrome Red I could find was on the Mex Std. Suggest the OP will need to whip the pickguard off to see what is installed.
    tony99 said:
    Where's the truss adjust?
    Its at the headstock
    HerrMetal said:
    Had a nose through a 2008 Fender catalogue online and the only Chrome Red I could find was on the Mex Std. Suggest the OP will need to whip the pickguard off to see what is installed.
    Yeah, I think thats going to be the only way to find out, its just the lad dint want his guitar ‘messed with’ unless absolutely necessary. Trust your parents eh?