Who do we like for shipping guitars these days?

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17666
in Guitar tFB Trader
I may need to ship a guitar I'm selling.

It's a Strat in a hardcase so it should be reasonably solid.

Who is reasonably priced / less likely to destroy it these days?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PablocrackersPablocrackers Frets: 181
    edited June 2019
    Personally none, i used to think UPS was ok until they lost a guitar for a week costing me a sale and having to pay all the fees and they stitched me up another time
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17666
    tFB Trader
    Yeah, I realise we are talking best of a bad lot here.
  • rossirossi Frets: 1707
    Its times like this we need Carter Patterson back.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14358
    tFB Trader
    wwwinterparcel.com - I prefer the UPS option

as to who is the best - On a bad day, the sheer logistics of shipping so many brown boxes will ensure the odd parcel is delayed, even lost for a day or so - Just happens - And can happen to any of them - I don't see any of them cocking it up all the time - Based on parcels I send and those I receive I still favour UPS - If I changed I'd probably go DPD
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    DHL every time. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xscaramangaxscaramanga Frets: 436
    I think the problem is that there are horror stories from all the couriers but also all of them do fine most of the time. I had a horrendous experience with Parcel Force once—item lost, tracking number not recognised, eBay customer going berserk, hour long waits to get through the customer service on the phone, who then hung up on me for being a bit grumpy when I finally got through, etc etc. But I've used them since when it was cheap and convenient, and they've been fine.

That said, when I had to ship a really expensive guitar, I was recommended UPS on here and the service was good so I've used them since. I also noticed that Guitar Village used UPS when I bought from them.
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 684
    In the last year or so I've sent a Jaguar to Greece (arrived fine) as well as two cased guitars through DHL (well, I post parcels) and one neck off also through DHL.

Received one from Austria via DHL and one in the UK that I forget the name of but I think it was a few letters, like APA or APS or something.

Either way, good things to say about DHL. I drop off at their depot and their staff often help by printing off my label for me (my printer is cack).