Guitars you buy...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18794
    Whitecat said:
    No. Every single guitar I buy is "the best of the best" and "among the best I've ever played". They are all "tone monsters" and "incredibly versatile." They will all only be sold "very reluctantly."
    Damn, you took the words right out of my mouth  :) :3
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    edited June 2019
    A couple

Gibson LP Smartwood, baseball bat neck, that I failed to notice in the shoppe, very light, but totally neck heavy.

Fano Alt de Facto GF6 (Starcaster-a-like) - loved it, great sound, but back-breakingly heavy, even with a 4" strap.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Flying V.  Seriously wanted to love it but could not get on with the shape, and neck heaviness, and where the front strap button is.  
    Very disappointing, lost an uncomfortable amount selling it and back to a Les Paul, never again.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22911

Too many to list.

Jalapeno said:
    Gibson LP Smartwood, baseball bat neck, that I failed to notice in the shoppe, very light, but totally neck heavy.

I had one of those which was really good, but I sold it in a fit of pique about the gold hardware or something.  I bought another one - with a different "exotic" wood top - from eBay years later, but it wasn't as nice and the neck was thinner than my original one.  Sold it on quickly. 
  • jacklawteyjacklawtey Frets: 284

English Electronics Tonemaster. I paid £300 for it, I think they go for a grand or so now. Cool as you like but absolutely fucking honking. Sounded awful unless you were playing with fuzz constantly, never held tuning. Loved it, it was shite. 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Whitecat said:
    No. Every single guitar I buy is "the best of the best" and "among the best I've ever played". They are all "tone monsters" and "incredibly versatile." They will all only be sold "very reluctantly."
    You forgot about the butter.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18794
    Keefy said:
    Whitecat said:
    You forgot about the butter.
    Last Tango in Paris style?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom