New chase bliss mood

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
Looks fun. Though skepticle if the wet FX are designed by OBNE.

https://chaseblissaudio.com/product/mood/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looks fun. Though skepticle if the wet FX are designed by OBNE.

why?
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 844
    I see a lot of glitchy pedals being made but I don't hear a lot of glitchy pedals being used.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    oh_pollo said:
    I see a lot of glitchy pedals being made but I don't hear a lot of glitchy pedals being used.
    Maybe you're listening to the wrong things. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    But i don't have an offset or tin of altoids.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Recent trend of not putting video teasers out and just filling shops with stock is a refreshing change in tact. Even if I'm not ever even slightly tempted to buy anything that this fella ever puts out.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Looks fun. Though skepticle if the wet FX are designed by OBNE.

why?
    Just not yet played an OBNE pedal that I like.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Which ones have you tried? The Black Fountain's super good, and I really like the Dark Star (admittedly for very specific applications, and usually on full wet). 

I broke and ordered one of these, I figure in the long term it means I won't need to buy a Particle V2 or a Tensor, and I had my eye on both. Depending on how easy it is to use I may even shift my CT5, and | never saw that coming.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I’ve got a Darkstar, Mondegreen and Dweller with a Warthog on a mini board and they were good to use for just playing when I didn’t want to just play the same songs on repeat:
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    I like the sound of this. I don't want one. I think the Thermae would be my first choice CB pedal if I was going in that direction , but I do like the sounds this thing makes
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11875
    The differences between Mood and Blooper

https://chaseblissaudio.com/2019/06/19/mood-vs-blooper/
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    VJIves said:
    Which ones have you tried? The Black Fountain's super good, and I really like the Dark Star (admittedly for very specific applications, and usually on full wet). 

I broke and ordered one of these, I figure in the long term it means I won't need to buy a Particle V2 or a Tensor, and I had my eye on both. Depending on how easy it is to use I may even shift my CT5, and | never saw that coming.
    3. The procession was the main culprit for me. Neither the black fountain or dark star did it for me either. 
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 920
    VJIves said:

Depending on how easy it is to use I may even shift my CT5, and | never saw that coming.
    I'm gonna keep my eyes on the classifieds then...
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Dibs when you've finished borrowing it ;) 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    Does anyone know how long the loop time is on this ?

PS - @RaymondLin - great photos as ever :)

From the manual.

CLOCK

This single knob is a global control for the clock that controls the recording and playback for each channel. Sample rate is half the value of the clock. In addition, this knob controls the recorded loop time on the channel. 64k = .5s, 48k = .75s, 32k = 1s, 24k = 1.5s, 16k = 2s, 12k = 3s, 8k = 4s, 6k = 6s, 4k= 8s, 3k = 12s, 2k = 16s. The red LED blinks off in time with this to give a visual indication of recorded loop length.

And thanks!

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533

From the manual.

CLOCK

This single knob is a global control for the clock that controls the recording and playback for each channel. Sample rate is half the value of the clock. In addition, this knob controls the recorded loop time on the 0 channel. 64k = .5s, 48k = .75s, 32k = 1s, 24k = 1.5s, 16k = 2s, 12k = 3s, 8k = 4s, 6k = 6s, 4k= 8s, 3k = 12s, 2k = 16s. The red LED blinks off in time with this to give a visual indication of recorded loop length.

And thanks!

Cheers mate !

So, anyoneplayed one ?
  • 16s as in 16 seconds? 16?!

• rauldukeraulduke Frets: 81
    edited July 2019
    Wazmeister said:
    So, anyoneplayed one ?
    I have one and I'm loving it so far. I think it is the most interesting thing Chase Bliss have done.

But note it is not in any way like a normal looper.

Think of the right channel as more of a delay with hold/freeze function, and control over playback rate (which affects the pitch). If you buy it to use as a standard looper I think you will be really disappointed.

The left channel is a little easier to get used to (standard reverb and delay effects), but can still get wild adjusting the clock setting.

Changing the middle clock control changes the sample rate, which in turn changes the pitch (and speed) of the delay buffers. High clock rates (shorter delay time) have cleaner audio, lower clock rates get all sorts of weird aliasing and other lovely stuff.

You can get 16 seconds at 2K clock setting, but the 2K stands for 2Khz sampling rate; the audio is really gritty, noisy and lofi at the lower clock settings (IMO part of its charm).

You also have no control over when it is recording, or overdubbing; when the right channel is off it is just constantly recording to the buffer (like the EHX 16 second delay). Turn it on and it loops whatever was in the buffer.

Passing the signal between both channels for ambient beds/drones and weird asynchronous loops is what it is designed for IMO.

I think it has been directly inspired by the old EHX 16 second delay (look at how Nels Cline uses one for inspiration) and the Eventide Primetime (which Daniel Lanois uses extensively), and also of course the Count to Five (which is by no means a standard looper).

• I really don't get Chase Bliss stuff. I probably shouldn't be on this thread in that case. But I am intrigued by its userbase. They look spectacular though, to be fair.