Stirrup/cradle type Capo recommendations?

TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7417
I appear to have lost my G7th Performance 2 Capo and rather than just buy another I fancy trying an old school looking stirrup style - any recommendations ?

I seem to recall @Lewy got a fancy one at some point? Anyone else a fan of these kind? 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4195
    Paige at the cheaper end, Elliot at the super expensive more-like-a-Rolex-for-your-guitar end, and in between there Re ones by Shubb and (I think) D’Addario.

There’s also a G7th one which I have and don’t like.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    edited June 2019
    Get a shubb, I have the g7th but actually prefer the shubb due to weight and it feels more in tune in use too. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    G7 is ok for flattish fretboards, but not older ones tending towards 71/2" radius, old-fashioned bendy elastic ones FTW !

Shubb are my faves
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5261
    Elliot for me   
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    My G7 works for all my guitars except my '58 RI LP, which has such a massively chunky neck profile. My Shubbs see very little use now.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7417
    are we all talking about the same thing? 

Shubb Fine Tune, G7th Heritage etc ? 

Red ones are better. 

Lewy said:
    Paige at the cheaper end, Elliot at the super expensive more-like-a-Rolex-for-your-guitar end, and in between there Re ones by Shubb and (I think) D’Addario.

what didn't you like about it? 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:

Lewy said:

what didn't you like about it? 
    I’ve found that the Adaptive radius business isn’t as effective as billed, and causes buzzes when compared with an Elliot or even a Paige.
    @TimmyO  text me your address and I’ll send it to you and you can see if it works for you if you like.
    Lewy said:
    @TimmyO  text me your address and I’ll send it to you and you can see if it works for you if you like.
    aye that'd be cool - incoming 
    Red ones are better. 
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    @Lewy Have you mentioned it to G7th? They are really responsive to feedback and do seem to want to work hard to improve their products. I'd drop them an email and outline your issues and see what they say. I've got one and so far, apart from not being entirely convinced about the wee clip, I find it does a pretty good job. I prefer it to the G7th Performance 2. That said, the Shubb Deluxe is a great piece of kit that lives happily with a few plectrums in that wee pocket in my jeans.
    camf said:
    @Lewy Have you mentioned it to G7th? They are really responsive to feedback and do seem to want to work hard to improve their products. I'd drop them an email and outline your issues and see what they say. I've got one and so far, apart from not being entirely convinced about the wee clip, I find it does a pretty good job. I prefer it to the G7th Performance 2. That said, the Shubb Deluxe is a great piece of kit that lives happily with a few plectrums in that wee pocket in my jeans.
    I did contact them and they sent me the replacement mechanical insert to replace the original gel one. It made things a bit better but the same issue kept creeping back, namely that after tensioning and starting to play, it would seem to “relax” a bit and require further tightening which is pretty inconvenient when you’ve already started a song. I don’t really enjoy the way the screw is loose and rattly until the capo is clamped down either. Whereas Elliot’s are rock solid and buzz free (providing they work well with your radius) and unbelievably smooth in operation. 
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Nope, that ain’t great for sure. I haven’t noticed that yet with mine. That said, you’re a guitarist while I’m a bellower with added strums, so I might not be subjecting it to the same scrutiny. I’m going to check and see if mine is any better over the next few weeks. My main irritation is that it jams up against the volute on my OM. 
    I'm trying a few out

and weighed out of interest

Red ones are better. 
  • MichaelWattsMichaelWatts Frets: 181
    I still haven't found anything that works better than my Elliott Elite to be honest. Yes, the craftsmanship is also excellent but the sound is unbeatable. 
    Love the Elliott Elite. I did have to flatten the radius of it a bit to get it working flawlessly with my guitar (using a method Mrs Elliott emailed me) but since then it’s just been perfect.