Hercules wall hangers

What's Hot
PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7299
What distance clearance between Hercules hangers do people use that gives comfortable room and looks nice? Gonna size a wall
ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7299
    Clearly my unit of measurement is in guitars :)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I only have three, but they're interchangeable in terms of use. I can only put an acoustic/ semi hollow on the middle one and I can only put my bass on the left one... because some pratt didn't think about that when he was putting them up

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I am trying to prevent myself being the pratt who ordered too many to fit on the wall :)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I am trying to prevent myself being the pratt who ordered too many to fit on the wall :)
    Just use a bigger wall
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 943
    I've been fannying around with getting one of these at GearHooks(sorry couldn't work out how to attach a link) but can't decide between this or a Hercules 3 guitar stand.Might be an option for you.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4927
    I have 6 on my wall (not Hercules, but Konig & Mayer, but that won't matter).

They are staggered 3 plus 3.  The top three are 21 inches apart.  The bottom three are also 21 inches apart, and are 21 inches below the top row, but offset by 10.5 inches.

This way, the necks of the guitars on the bottom row are between the bodies of the guitars on the top row.

With that spacing I can accommodate a mix of electrics and acoustics, e.g. dreadnought, SG, ES-330, etc.

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3672
    Just lay the guitars out on the floor and measure.  Don't forget to consider height as well as width so that you have sufficient clearance from anything below them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Musicwolf said:
    Just lay the guitars out on the floor and measure.  Don't forget to consider height as well as width so that you have sufficient clearance from anything below them.
    Ah man! Where were you a year ago, with your common sense and scientific approach? :( 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11875
    I measured my widest guitar (Epiphone Dot) and allowed just a bit more than needed to fit two side by side, therefore allowing a sensible space for regular solid bodies.

40cm between hooks I think it was.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18964
    Don't forget the construction of the wall & the choice of anchors.
    Mate of of mine laughed at my Hercules Floor stander's plastics turning into sticky goop and the adjustable height grip/clip finally giving up the ghost.
    He didn't laugh as hard when his Desert Burst LP came off his wall due to the cavity wall fixings pulling through...
    Luckily LP's bodies are more forgiving than their necks, so no harm done, but lessons learned...
    Ok, so I have 240cm of wall space available, does 5 hooks seem reasonable? Excluding my double neck which will be on a stand my widest guitar is my acoustic at 40cm so figure this should leave enough space plus some clearance?

Also how much height do you leave on them? I want to try and sneak some IKEA box storage underneath. The wall is 228cm high and the box storage units are 77cm so that leaves 151cm. My longest guitar is my 4 string bass at 118cm so allowing say 5cm clearance at the bottom that gives around 28cm clearance at the top..does that sound reasonable?

Would be even better if I could get a little shelf space under and raise them up but obv I dont want to keep poking holes in my ceiling :)

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Ok, so I have 240cm of wall space available, does 5 hooks seem reasonable? Excluding my double neck which will be on a stand my widest guitar is my acoustic at 40cm so figure this should leave enough space plus some clearance.

I’ve got two guitars on Hercules hangers occupying a wall space of 1.5m wide. The hangers are at just over 2m off the deck (I wouldn’t want them any higher - I wouldn’t be able to reach them) and the longest guitar (Explorer) hangs down to about 1.1m off the deck. They are separated by a wall lamp but if each guitar moved slightly away from the centre you could fit a third guitar in there. 

Personally, I think 5 guitars in that space may look crowded but that’s up to you. You could probably fit them in but wouldn’t have much space around them. 

Hope that helps a bit. 
  • markvmarkv Frets: 460
    edited June 2019
    Nitefly said:
    I have 6 on my wall (not Hercules, but Konig & Mayer, but that won't matter).

They are staggered 3 plus 3.  The top three are 21 inches apart.  The bottom three are also 21 inches apart, and are 21 inches below the top row, but offset by 10.5 inches.

This way, the necks of the guitars on the bottom row are between the bodies of the guitars on the top row.

With that spacing I can accommodate a mix of electrics and acoustics, e.g. dreadnought, SG, ES-330, etc.

This is pretty much what I've done too. That would also give plenty of room underneath.
    Simon_M said:
    Ok, so I have 240cm of wall space available, does 5 hooks seem reasonable? Excluding my double neck which will be on a stand my widest guitar is my acoustic at 40cm so figure this should leave enough space plus some clearance.

I’ve got two guitars on Hercules hangers occupying a wall space of 1.5m wide. The hangers are at just over 2m off the deck (I wouldn’t want them any higher - I wouldn’t be able to reach them) and the longest guitar (Explorer) hangs down to about 1.1m off the deck. They are separated by a wall lamp but if each guitar moved slightly away from the centre you could fit a third guitar in there. 

Personally, I think 5 guitars in that space may look crowded but that’s up to you. You could probably fit them in but wouldn’t have much space around them. 

Hope that helps a bit. 
    Less crowded than on stands on the floor though :)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    I got three guitars on a 1250mm sheet of OSB, so around 400mm c/c.

http://imgur.com/gallery/7NkrB5x
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 473
    I’ve got a couple of Hercules floor stands that each take 6 guitars. A pretty neat storage solution but they do take up a lot of floor space. With wall hangers I usually custom space them to suit particular guitars.
    I currently have a 5 guitar floor stand plus 3 A frame stands and 2 guitars in hard cases propped against the wall so getting 5 up on the wall is going to be a big improvement...annoyingly will ahve to keep one A frame as one of them is a double neck monstrosity. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ