Anyone changed the P/guard out on a EMG DG20 setup?

LozboyLozboy Frets: 80
edited June 2019 in Making & Modding
As per title ,
 I am thinking of buying one of these.But the P/guard is not to my taste so will want to swap it out.
 Not sure whether the pots,switch are fitted in the trad. way. Is the pcb board glued to the P/guard?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 815
    I'd like to know this too please...
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    edited February 2021
    Never actually dismantled the Quick Connect PCB version but, since the pots are soldered to the board, the only thing necessary to fasten the assembly in place will be the screws on the selector switch and the three hex nuts on the pot shafts.

A quick trawl of Reverb revealed a seller offering a DG-20 set on a 4-ply tort 'guard plus the original white pearly one thrown in free.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.

A quick trawl of Reverb revealed a seller offering a DG-20 set on a 4-ply tort 'guard plus the original white pearly one thrown in free.
    Where’s that one please?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    It is an out of date listing from the USA. I mentioned it only by way of illustration of the fact that the 'guard can be changed easily.

https://reverb.com/item/3581361-emg-dg20-david-gilmour-signature-prewired-pickguard-pickup-system

For my tastes, I would buy EMG-SLV pickups and the -SPC and -EXG accessories separately and assemble it myself.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Thanks @Funkfingers ...