Victory V30 Head: Do they have clean headroom?

What's Hot
jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
edited June 2019 in Amps
I need a good pedal platform head. My band is fucking loud with a psycho drummer so for example. He would drown out an Orange Tiny Terror (well we have tried this & he can).

Anyone experienced the Victory V30 as a pedal platform? I need big chiming cleans. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Sounds like a job for a Fender HRD
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I would say Yes, the clean channel has tons of headroom and the amp as a whole is very loud. The problem with that head is balancing the clean and dirty channels EQ wise, but if you are only using the amp as a pedal platform you won't have that problem to deal with.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I would say Yes, the clean channel has tons of headroom and the amp as a whole is very loud. The problem with that head is balancing the clean and dirty channels EQ wise, but if you are only using the amp as a pedal platform you won't have that problem to deal with.
    Cheers fella. I’ve seen a couple for sale used that seem reasonable so will probably get one this weekend. 
  • jeztone2 said:
    I would say Yes, the clean channel has tons of headroom and the amp as a whole is very loud. The problem with that head is balancing the clean and dirty channels EQ wise, but if you are only using the amp as a pedal platform you won't have that problem to deal with.
    Cheers fella. I’ve seen a couple for sale used that seem reasonable so will probably get one this weekend. 
    One has just appeared on a local buy/sell Facebook group. The guy is asking for £450 for it. I'll point him in the direction of this thread, you can maybe sort something out between you.
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    jeztone2 said:
    I need a good pedal platform head. My band is fucking loud with a psycho drummer so for example. He would drown out an Orange Tiny Terror (well we have tried this & he can).

Anyone experienced the Victory V30 as a pedal platform? I need big chiming cleans. 
    They sound like deep fried garbage. Get an Orange or Fender instead.
  • I recommend a new drummer more than a new amp. Sounds like they don't have much control. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2 said:
    One has just appeared on a local buy/sell Facebook group. The guy is asking for £450 for it. I'll point him in the direction of this thread, you can maybe sort something out between you.
    Hi, that guy is me, still got it if you're interested
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    I found the V30 clean sound too brittle and swapped it for a V40, which was better for cleans but somewhat lacking in character. 

I ended up with a HRD IV, which I much prefer. Unfortunately it's not available in head form.

It's not a competition.
    edited June 2019
    I recommend a new drummer more than a new amp. Sounds like they don't have much control. 
    My whole band overplays. My bassist likes Peter Hook, my drummer is busy. The other guitarist likes noise. I am the only one who shows taste & restraint. That’s why I originally left. They have improved to be fair. 

To be honest it is what it is, we’ve known each other too long. I’m doing another project to get my sensitive side out. 
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    jeztone2 said:
    I recommend a new drummer more than a new amp. Sounds like they don't have much control. 
    My whole band overplays. My bassist likes Peter Hook, my drummer is busy. The other guitarist likes noise. I am the only one who shows taste & restraint. That’s why I originally left. They have improved to be fair. 

To be honest it is what it is, we’ve known each other too long. I’m doing another project to get my sensitive side out. 
    Sounds like you want a Hiwatt DR103 and a 4x12
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2394
    edited June 2019
    I've had two. Bags of head room - they're 40w and the clean channel will not break up by itself unless you've got the gain on 9 or 10.
    Tim
    Thanks for everyone’s help.

I picked one up yesterday. The one I bought has been revalved with EL34’s. All I’ve had to really do is reduce some of the top end off my drives. It’s taken me a couple of hours to figure that out. But I’m guessing it’s because the clean channel is so Fender voiced. I’m not using the O/D channel. That’s just way too dark.

Its sounding really nice now.