Friedman BE50 Vs BE100

dombennisondombennison Frets: 111
I'll soon be in the market for a Friedman BE50 and I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them VS a BE100? I'm particularly interested in the BE50 because of the Buxom Betty clean channel, the power amp contouring options and it's 50/25 watt power options. However, the BE50's are rarely about 2nd hand at the moment.
I'd love to hear any opinions or experiences you've had with these two amps!

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2576
    tFB Trader
    I would guess they have not sold a lot of the BE50's to feed into the second hand market yet, £3k+ amps don't really fly off the shelves

I wonder if they are planning to update the 100w version with the 50w mods???

The features on the 50w will make the amp much more flexible, a real bonus once you have learned to drive it properly.

• dombennisondombennison Frets: 111
    I know what you mean yeah!
    The extra features are what are drawing me to the BE50 as it'll be for my studio so the flexibility is the main thing.
    The new BE100 deluxe has a fair few similar features (power amp contouring etc) but it sounds like it's got a Smallbox channel rather than the Buxom Betty clean like the BE50. Plus it's even more expensive! haha
    I just thought it's worth checking out how the BE100 compares as there seem to be a few more of those up for sale than the 50's at the moment and I might end up stuck without an amp soon!

• DarrenDarren Frets: 168
    I've had both of those amps.

BE100 imho is much smoother sounding - more refined Marshall tone with a lot more bottom end. No mid control on the clean channel and the HBE section doesn't have independent volume or gain controls like the BE50. 
    Both have the shared EQ on the gain channels.
    Great loop and a few tonal shaping options on both. 

I preferred the BE50 Deluxe over the BE100, but still preferred my Marshall JMP 2203 over both of the amps. 

• leerockerleerocker Frets: 607
    Be50 for me was the best one
  • dombennisondombennison Frets: 111
    Thanks for the replies guys, I think I’m all sorted with a BE50 lined up now. Glad I waited for one to come up!