SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn - Gibson SG Standard

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Any interest in shipping to NI?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2902
    No, sorry - I just don't want to take the risk with a Gibson!
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Trade for an '86 LP Studio?
    edited September 2021

Reinstalled a 490R into the neck position final bump before giving up! Hoping somebody has a nice MIJ LP Custom, ebony Standard or E-II Eclipse they'd like to swap?!
    Here's a Saturday "I said I wasn't going to bump this again but can't stop thinking about LPs" bump.
  • Do you have any neck measurements? How wide and deep it it at the 1st and 12th frets?
    edited October 2021
    It's approx 20mm at the 1st and 23mm at the 12th. That's just me eyeballing it with a tape measure. It's the Rounded profile if that helps! Nice middle ground between the 50s baseball bat and the 60s slim taper.
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
    edited October 2021
    TTBZ said:
    It's approx 20mm at the 1st and 23mm at the 12th. That's just me eyeballing it with a tape measure. It's the Rounded profile if that helps! Nice middle ground between the 50s baseball bat and the 60s slim taper.
    Okay thanks and the width 12th and 1st.? Should be fairly accurate with a tape measure 1
    It's 43mm at the nut and about 52mm at the 12th.
  • TTBZ said:
    It's 43mm at the nut and about 52mm at the 12th.
    :+1: 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27132
    The necks on these are super comfortable - rounded but not fat. Probably my favourite neck of all the guitars I have
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited October 2021
    Yeah it's a great neck, hence why I'm now looking at replacing it with a current LP Tribute which also have that rounded profile
    edited November 2021
    Bump just to see if any interest yet definitely still interested in trades for a Studio or MIJ LP, or indeed a cash sale.
    edited December 2021
    Little pre Christmas bump to see if anyone fancies a trade yet still on the lookout for either a Gibson Studio, Tribute, Junior / MIJ LP / LTD 22 fret EC-1000 (with a bit of cash on top)!
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197

SE Hollowbody II? Non Piezo version, with OHSC, unmarked, as new.

Lovely looking guitar! Hollow bodies aren't really my thing but thanks for the offer anyway.
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    TTBZ said:
    Lovely looking guitar! Hollow bodies aren't really my thing but thanks for the offer anyway.
    No worries, ta!
    GLWTS
  • liamonliamon Frets: 103
    For all the massive price inflation happening over the last few years, I reckon a good ole SG standard is about the best value for money for a lifer. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4726
    edited December 2021
    I have the exact same guitar (2006- I think mine's more redder than orange) but I upgraded the deluxe tulip tuners to 18:1 Grover Rotomatics, that are much smoother, more accurate and hold tuning better (and still no neck dive).

Its weird isn't it how the same guitar can be a firm favourite with some players (I love mine), whilst others struggle to bond with it. But we're all different and we'll all bond with some guitars more than with others. With me it's my 1989 Epi Sheraton which is a lovely guitar with SD SH1 59 pickups, looks, plays and sounds great. But maybe because I'm used to solid body guitars I've never truly bonded with it.

So I completely get why you might not have bonded with your SG. ;)

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)