So warm, the pedals dropped off the Velcro.

What's Hot
TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7860
Reworked my pedalboard today, half my pedals had separated from the Velcro due to the warmth in the room they’re stored in. 

Note to self, don’t buy cheap Velcro from eBay. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
    Heavy duty velcro + hairdryer + apply hot heat to adhesive on hookside = works a bloody treat
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7860
    Heavy duty velcro + hairdryer + apply hot heat to adhesive on hookside = works a bloody treat
    That’s great advice. I’ve just realised that the cheap and expensive tape failed equally. 
    I usually clean the back of the pedal with lighter fluid before applying the Velcro, just to ensure the surface is as clean as possible.  
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
    TheMarlin said:
    That’s great advice. I’ve just realised that the cheap and expensive tape failed equally. 
    I usually clean the back of the pedal with lighter fluid before applying the Velcro, just to ensure the surface is as clean as possible.  
    No probs @TheMarlin ;I got mine from amazon £8 for a 1m but it’s worth it, word of warning I probably wouldn’t use it on a hand painted pedal like Jam pedals, zvex probably a bit more durable. I’ve even had great success with it on the rubber base plate of a boss pedal just little strips used but loads hot heat applied. Not had a pedal fall off yet.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I had some of the really good velcro fail on me yesterday due to the heat, admittedly that was in my car though, and that's currently a furnace
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    I have only had this happen on my boss footswitch which has a rubber base. I am going to look at removing the rubber but if that doesn't work I may get the MXR switch which is smaller.
    Don't touch that dial.