Swan's Music, Oldham Rd, MCR

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3094
    I bought the guitar on HP. Signed the forms, paid my deposit and walked out with the guitar and got the train back home.

I was expecting paperwork in the post but nothing ever arrived. I'd had the guitar six months when the shop phoned asking if I had one of their guitars. Being an honest kind of chap I said yes I did. It seems the shop had a fire which destroyed all their records. I've no idea how they found me.

Also I had failed the credit check. My mum had to pay the balance and I paid her back over a year.
    I bought a Music Man amp from Rock Island in Oldham on a ‘House Account’ - which basically meant they liked/trusted the customer to pay them back. No interest, no credit check, no formal credit agreement. I don’t know if they had a high level of defaults - but they got every penny out of me. As @TTony said - simpler times.
    Amazing. I remember the opposite where I obviously didn't appear responsible enough to even touch a guitar. When Musical Exchanges in Bham had their big makeover I felt very naughty indeed just taking random guitars off the wall and playing them through an amp.. half expecting to get shouted at.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom