Loopers: who's gigging with one?

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
As per title, who uses one live? I'm pondering one for an acoustic duo to add bits to choruses etc
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    K.T. Tunstall. That Sheeran woofer. Doug Wimbish of Living Colour. Adrian Belew.

Your duo might get more joy by applying a harmoniser pedal to the vocals. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    @Funkfingers ... Not helpful there mate ;-) ...

However, I had considered a harmoniser pedal for her..... 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    edited July 2019
    Trying to switch on a looper pedal on the fly and still have the pre-recorded part(s) be in time with the live parts is tricky. Some loopers permit pre-recorded layers to be muted and unmuted over a simple percussive component. i.e. The KTT approach. 

Short answer - TC Helicon
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I know we've had these discussions before and as @Funkfingers says you have to be bloody good with a looper to use it well live ( although you wont have the issue of getting out of sync with a drummist ). Pre recorded samples that aren't 100% time sensitive seem to work better ( like an intro to a song or something equivalent to a horn stab). The classic thump thump scratch scratch chord chord sub KT Tunstall looper type song is pretty annoying now. Unless your acoustic duo is with KT, she's allowed. 
    Definitely the best use I've seen of one was Gwyn Ashton in his duo, you wouldn't even be that aware he was using one unless you were watching his feet. Looping a chord progression then playing a fill over it. But again doing that so it seemed natural. 
    A few years ago Roland ran a looping competition. If you ever have problems sleeping see if you can find those on youtube.    
    Anyway, someone will be along in a second to explain it's a piece of piss.   
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Yes, I use the pigtronix looper, I am really carefull not to do any loop construction... I find that so tedious. Generally I loop whilst singing v1 or Ch 1 then trigger it and play something else over the top.

I use it for wicked game, Billy Jean, folsum prison blues, spider and the fly, before you accuse me etc