ThorpyFX The Team Medic/WarthogTourbox - Anyone Want To Sign Up & Review ?

What's Hot

Comments

• mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1060
    But Waz, everything you get, you say is te best ever, then 19 seconds later you sell it, then you get a other one! ;)

Great idea, enjoy guys!
    At least it keeps the forum economy going ;)
    Good man!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skayskay Frets: 394
    Ok, I'm in, what else am I going to spend all of that money on that I made from selling off my pedals?...

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

• mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
    Both of these are on the top of my ‘wish I could try with my rig’ list.

Im in, PM incoming
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9588
    OK, so far we have the following... if I've missed anyone out (or anyone else want s to join), please let me know :)

@benmurray85

@mark_jwedge

@Skay

@theimageofall

@Soma1975

@UnclePsychosis ;

@winny_pooh

@Fuengi

@mrkb

What are the EQ centres on the medic?

Wondering about bass use.
    Mate, I'll recommend @ThorpyFX to answer this :)

Can i just have the medic and the warthog can bypass me, lol? Already have and love the WH! 
    Mate, fancy trying the Team Medic ?
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6203
    tFB Trader

It was designed to work well with everything from acoustic to electric guitars. It also works well with BASS too. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Oh bugger I don't really need the medic/EQ but I do love Adrian's pedals I can't help thinking that I'm missing out on not having one ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I'm down if theres space for a shitty bedroom players review/musings of how good pedals could mix in with lower end gear for the more beginnery style player. 

I'll pm you my deets anyway!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    Interested to know how the team medic differs from the peacekeeper apart from the boost of course. Would there be a lot of crossover if you owned both...?
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
    tFB Trader
    keir said:
    Interested to know how the team medic differs from the peacekeeper apart from the boost of course. Would there be a lot of crossover if you owned both...?
    They aren’t anywhere near the same. I’ve really not explained what the team medic is very well though so I can understand the confusion.

Essentially the team medic was designed as a utility pedal. It was designed to work with, enhance and improve your entire rig and act as a lifesaver if you are forced to use a back line you aren’t familiar with. At its heart the team medic has very high headroom circuitry, this means that you can run any of your pedals into it and the character and gain structure of that pedal remains intact. This then allows you to manipulate the eq of the input signal in a powerful manner, essentially changing the tonality of that I put signal to meet your needs. This includes boosting the input by upto 20db.

essentially there are several things the team medic can do.

buffer,
    boost,
    EQ,
    Boost plus,
    Tone fixer.

use it to slam the front end of your amp.
    use it to change the character of your guitar,
    use it to improve your pedalboards tone
    use it to fix a much loved but slightly flawed pedal
    control your eq for certain songs
     and anything else you can think of....

it it doesn’t actually overdrive itself though, but it can induce that in other pedals and your amp...... for instance it can make the front end of my 100watt hiwatt overdrive very nicely 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    ThorpyFX said:
    keir said:
    They aren’t anywhere near the same. I’ve really not explained what the team medic is very well though so I can understand the confusion.

Essentially the team medic was designed as a utility pedal. It was designed to work with, enhance and improve your entire rig and act as a lifesaver if you are forced to use a back line you aren’t familiar with. At its heart the team medic has very high headroom circuitry, this means that you can run any of your pedals into it and the character and gain structure of that pedal remains intact. This then allows you to manipulate the eq of the input signal in a powerful manner, essentially changing the tonality of that I put signal to meet your needs. This includes boosting the input by upto 20db.

buffer,
    boost,
    EQ,
    Boost plus,
    Tone fixer.

it it doesn’t actually overdrive itself though, but it can induce that in other pedals and your amp...... for instance it can make the front end of my 100watt hiwatt overdrive very nicely 
    @ThorpyFX I have a probably dumb ass question.. 

I was reading your website and saw the faq's about what guitars and other FX Thorpy pedals work with, and it got me thinking.

With your effects, or any others, will using active pickups, such as a set of Emg's 81/60 do any damage to pedal or amp? I just presume active pups are safe to use with all pedals but I'd never thought about it til now. 
  • scovell001scovell001 Frets: 60
    This sounds great, have a PK & FG which are going knowhere. Had the GS (twice now) which wasn’t quite what I wanted. Was gonna message Adrian about hiring a WH to try into the Lazy J20 so this opportunity is ideal.

thx guys 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited July 2019
    This sounds great, have a PK & FG which are going knowhere. Had the GS (twice now) which wasn’t quite what I wanted. Was gonna message Adrian about hiring a WH to try into the Lazy J20 so this opportunity is ideal.

thx guys 
    @scovell001used a warthog with my j20 when I had it and it sounded great.
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    tFB Trader
    skunkwerx said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    keir said:

buffer,
    boost,
    EQ,
    Boost plus,
    Tone fixer.

I was reading your website and saw the faq's about what guitars and other FX Thorpy pedals work with, and it got me thinking.

With your effects, or any others, will using active pickups, such as a set of Emg's 81/60 do any damage to pedal or amp? I just presume active pups are safe to use with all pedals but I'd never thought about it til now. 
    Active Pups are more than safe, obviously the amount of output offered by the pickups is greater than most passive pickups so some of the lower gain settings will sound more "gained up" but that just requires lowering the gain knob to suit.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24529
    ThorpyFX said:

It was designed to work well with everything from acoustic to electric guitars. It also works well with BASS too. 
    Does that mean they are secret?

Generally if I don't know whether a pedal can change the freqs I know I like to adjust then the product doesn't go on the try list.

More and more bass amp / pedal makers release the EQ centres and some also release the Q info as well. Bassists are really picky like that. 

Control around the 180 - 250 hz area (depending on Q) is really important for playing the stuff I do. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    ThorpyFX said:
    skunkwerx said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    keir said:

buffer,
    boost,
    EQ,
    Boost plus,
    Tone fixer.

Active Pups are more than safe, obviously the amount of output offered by the pickups is greater than most passive pickups so some of the lower gain settings will sound more "gained up" but that just requires lowering the gain knob to suit.

Thanks for your answer! 

I've seen your products around and they look great, now I've read the specs on the site... this is looking ever more dangerous! But hell, you're always great and helpful on here so no doubt I'll push some business your way if i can buddy!
  • mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
    @ThorpyFX I am really intrigued by the team medic. I use a single channel Marshall style amp with no FX loop. It took me ages to find a way of getting a good solo boost out of it as I love to set it a bit crunchy which doesn’t leave me loads of head room left to play with. In my previous amps I had always used a clean boost in the loop, but obviously that was a no go with this one.

I currently use a modded GE-7 set with a mid boost and a bit of a level boost which works ok last in my chain. Would the Team medic work this way with the mids pushed and then the additional boost to send it over the top for extra sustain etc?
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    ThorpyFX said:
    keir said:

buffer,
    boost,
    EQ,
    Boost plus,
    Tone fixer.

Very interesting thanks Adrian
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
    tFB Trader
    @ThorpyFX I am really intrigued by the team medic. I use a single channel Marshall style amp with no FX loop. It took me ages to find a way of getting a good solo boost out of it as I love to set it a bit crunchy which doesn’t leave me loads of head room left to play with. In my previous amps I had always used a clean boost in the loop, but obviously that was a no go with this one.

I currently use a modded GE-7 set with a mid boost and a bit of a level boost which works ok last in my chain. Would the Team medic work this way with the mids pushed and then the additional boost to send it over the top for extra sustain etc?
    Yes absolutely.... 100%