Has anyone picked up the new PedalTrain fancy soft case or flightcase?

What's Hot
mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1059
I picked up a new novo32 recently (which incidentally was missing the straps and velcro etc :( when it arrived).

I want to get a proper cover for it... I've spent more than is rational on pedals, gigrig etc so want to protect it properly, but shipping the hardcase will be insanely expensive.

Anyone used either of the new 'pimped' cases, and if so, what is your opinion?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10256
    They make crap soft cases and straps. Every single one I’ve owned the zips or the straps have broken at the buckle. 

I’d be really interested to know if these are better. 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1384
    They seem to be shipping new nanos (not nano+) with a fancier soft case that attaches to a gig bag. Might pick one up eventually. 
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1059
    They make crap soft cases and straps. Every single one I’ve owned the zips or the straps have broken at the buckle. 

I’d be really interested to know if these are better. 
    Yeah the old ones were shocking!
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4040
    ...want to protect it properly, but shipping the hardcase will be insanely expensive.

I went with the hard case for the Metro 24 and really not regretted it.  This question came up recently and I'm just going to repeat what I said there:  the flight case has got two sizeable dents in it now, no idea how they got there but it gets lunked about once or twice a week, and I'd sooner the case had the dents than the pedals.  They are all absolutely fine. 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4933
    A soft case is really just a dust cover - it's no way going to protect a pedalboard, nor stand up to serious use.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    At the moment I'm not touring, its studio and once a week gig. However, i know what you mean!
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    I have a Nano plus in the newer soft case and it’s adequate, just. I also have a PT2 classic in a Mono which is much better. The HC stays in the loft for the times it goes in a van (rare now) as otherwise the HC is a nightmare for door frames / plaster walls / shins / car bodywork / interiors...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    yeah, the ones they come with are shockingly bad. 

The ones I'm referring to are the redesigned 'premier' bags - they obviously didn't like people buying the Mono ones!

https://www.thomann.de/gb/pedaltrain_soft_case_classic_pro_novo_32.htm

If I have to go 'hard' (hohoho!) what alternatives are there out there to Pedaltrain's new hard cases (which are really pricey)

I'm tempted to get one of these premium soft cases and then grab a hard case if a tour comes up again.
    Decided to go the posh soft case route. Bugger it.
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    I got my pt pro with a hard case but have since sold it on and bought a mono case, which is very good. The hard case huge and I didn’t like the way you had to take the whole board out. I’d quite like a live in hard case for my PT-pro one where you just take the lid off and leave the board sat in the bottom part, not sure why pedaltrain didn’t do that. 
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    keir said:
    I got my pt pro with a hard case but have since sold it on and bought a mono case, which is very good. The hard case huge and I didn’t like the way you had to take the whole board out. I’d quite like a live in hard case for my PT-pro one where you just take the lid off and leave the board sat in the bottom part, not sure why pedaltrain didn’t do that. 
    Mono cases are great and I use one. There is one weakness though. If you attach the strap to it for over shoulder carrying make sure you don’t pull it from the car/van by it. It will tear as it did with mine. Luckily I was still in warranty and they replaced it for me :) Just thought I’d share 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/