SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted: Les Paul case

jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2475
edited August 2019 in Guitars £
Looking for a case for my Les Paul Special, anyone? Preferably Hiscox, Calton, Lifton, SKB...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Got a hiscox liteflight.  Green lining
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5099
    edited July 2019
    Got a hiscox liteflight. Green lining.
    Assuming it’s a Hiscox Les Paul case, then in order to fit a Special/Junior properly it would need a folded towel or tee shirt placed under the body of the guitar at the bottom end. (Because of the different neck angle between a Special/Junior and a LP Standard/Custom/Classic.) Same for Carlton, Lipton, SKB cases if they’re made to fit a Les Paul Standard type.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2475
    Got a hiscox liteflight. Green lining.
    Assuming it’s a Hiscox Les Paul case, then in order to fit a Special/Junior properly it would need a folded towel or tee shirt placed under the body of the guitar at the bottom end. (Because of the different neck angle between a Special/Junior and a LP Standard/Custom/Classic.) Same for Carlton, Lipton, SKB cases if they’re made to fit a Les Paul Standard type.
    Yes, I am aware of this, shame no one makes a proper jr case! I heard a Hiscox SG Case is a great fit but I tried that once with a lp jr dc and it didn’t close properly. Gibson used to sell a thin line Les Paul case but no longer stocked by anyone. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19294
    Looking for a case for my Les Paul Special, anyone? Preferably Hiscox, Calton, Lifton, SKB...
    I find an Epiphone LP case fits my Gibson Studio Reissue perfectly, even with an aftermarket Bigsby fitted.
    It is a very snug fit which I rather like. Oh, did I mention affordable ?

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11704
    tFB Trader
    Hiscox do make a case for it but it's not in their standard catalogue. 
    It's one we have made for our slimmer bodied Single cuts like the Lion Cub and Lion Cub HH as shown below.
    I think they had done them for the singlecut PRS guitars originally... think the model name was "STD-ES-C"

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• JD50JD50 Frets: 662
    edited July 2019
    Hiscox do make a case for it but it's not in their standard catalogue. 
    It's one we have made for our slimmer bodied Single cuts like the Lion Cub and Lion Cub HH as shown below.
    I think they had done them for the singlecut PRS guitars originally... think the model name was "STD-ES-C"

Interesting, thanks for the info. I emailed Hiscox recently to enquire about a LP Special case and was told they do not make one.... Google says they do.

https://www.hiscoxcases.com/product/prs-style-single-cutaway/

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11704
    tFB Trader
    Yes - that's the one I've used - works well 
    Hiscox came back to me after I sent pics of the internals of that case and agreed that the case in question was 
    STD-ESC-B/S PRS cutaway style

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

Yes - that's the one I've used - works well 
    Hiscox came back to me after I sent pics of the internals of that case and agreed that the case in question was 
    a STD-ESC-B/S PRS cutaway style
    Thanks so much, will look into this!

I bought the PRS one and it fits really well.... I had to cut some foam from the neck heel area and patch it up and also glue a spare pad under the butt of the guitar area but now it’s perfect!