Refret- sending neck only?

What's Hot
Is there anyone recommended who would just do the refret & level?

I'm confident in setups & top nut work

Would I save any £?

Soz, vague pondering refret on my 1979 strat, dont fancy the fret work bit   :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I wouldn't send neck only, I would think that anyone decent would want to string the guitar up to check it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MLten80MLten80 Frets: 162
    Gotcha cheers bud

Will have a think & a look who's any good in the Midlands areas
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72329
    It's perfectly possible to send a neck only. Anyone good can refret it properly without needing to put it back on the guitar to check it, even though it's useful to - but if fretted and dressed correctly, it would be rare for it to need any extra work once refitted.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers, any recommendations? 

It's my only significantly valuable guitar or I'd do it myself :) 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    If it's a 4 bolt neck we can do it because we use the stewmac neck jig with a surrogate body and your chosen string gauge too
    We can do everything so you can bolt it onto your guitar and just set up the string height and intonation and play

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 714
    If it's a 4 bolt neck we can do it because we use the stewmac neck jig with a surrogate body and your chosen string gauge too
    We can do everything so you can bolt it onto your guitar and just set up the string height and intonation and play
    Just out of interest, why would string gauge matter? Have to get down to you one day, only hear good things! 
    edited July 2019
    It's a 3 bolter maple if that makes a difference 
     What sort of turnaround do you aim for @FelineGuitars?

My main issue is the fallaway someone has done in the past has left the 12th fret onwards a little flat fretted. Plays ok. Just trickier than the mint one 

https://imgur.com/a/b7sHWwz pic for good measure 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    brucegill said:
    Just out of interest, why would string gauge matter? Have to get down to you one day, only hear good things! 
    Because we set the guitar neck dead straight under string tension in the jig so we can replicate any odd things that happen with the neck being compressed by the strings and truss rod. Then we are in full control of the neck in the state it would be in when playing, and can carefully level and control fallaway accordingly in a way that you couldn't do by just laying a straight neck on the bench to level frets etc.
    You can see the process here if you are interested.......https://feline-guitars.myshopify.com/pages/Anatomy-of-a-Fret-Dress

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    brucegill said:
    Because we set the guitar neck dead straight under string tension in the jig so we can replicate any odd things that happen with the neck being compressed by the strings and truss rod. Then we are in full control of the neck in the state it would be in when playing, and can carefully level and control fallaway accordingly in a way that you couldn't do by just laying a straight neck on the bench to level frets etc.
    You can see the process here if you are interested.......https://feline-guitars.myshopify.com/pages/Anatomy-of-a-Fret-Dress
    Thanks for that! Very interesting. I’ll have a read
    A good read! Many thanks @FelineGuitars ;