Pedal GAS- are these decent or am I just wasting my money?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    :))

No worries, I haven't decided on anything yet. At the price Thomann was selling it for (£15) I'm guessing it wouldn't be worth your while doing it for much less than that, though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12910
    Crikey are they that cheap? I'll be keeping it then  :))
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7168
    This has probably been answered already, but avoid the octave multiplexer. It's a nice sound, but it doesn't track fast enough for my money. I had one, then sold it quickly and replaced it for the maybe boring but way better Boss OC-2.
    edited May 2014
    Crikey are they that cheap? I'll be keeping it then  :))
    Yeah that's what I thought :)) No worries, I have pedals which I rarely use that I just hang onto because for all I'd get for them, I'd rather keep them too. :)
    GavHaus said:
    This has probably been answered already, but avoid the octave multiplexer. It's a nice sound, but it doesn't track fast enough for my money. I had one, then sold it quickly and replaced it for the maybe boring but way better Boss OC-2.
    Thanks. Yeah I think someone mentioned that already (maybe on Ultimate Guitar forum where I also asked this)- but having a second opinion definitely helps me to make up my mind. I'll probably hold off on an octave pedal until I've done more research- I'm not sure I'd use it all that much, anyway.
  • RamirezRamirez Frets: 11
    edited June 2014
    I'll chip in with another +1 for the Zoom B3.

If you need more than 2 pedals on top of a tuner it's definately a good option - it's about the same price as 2 decent stand alone pedals. It replaced all the pedals I was using, and left me some decent change from selling them all.

As mentioned, the flexibility is great - it can be used as a typical multi-fx with patches and silly noises where you don't know what the hell is going on and what's switching what, or it can just be set up as three independent 'pedals' with their own switch, and knobs that correspond to the graphics. 

It also sounds great. I think I marginally prefer the octavers on the B3 to the EHX Octave Multiplexer I used to have. Maybe. It certainly hasn't made me lament selling it anyway.
    Not the model boy of the village