It's a NGD - With confession now added

What's Hot
dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5848
edited July 2019 in Guitar
Went and had a mooch at Andertons today. Was mostly interested in one of these but there were a couple of bits that I wanted to see in person. 

https://www.andertons.co.uk/fender-50s-tele-lacquer-mn-2tsb-0140179703?lgw_code=16284-0140179703&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImP7yyKql4wIV06SaCh0X7A-eEAkYASABEgKYjPD_BwE

It was a good tele and I did like the look and the sound but it didn't set my heart on fire and in the end, it wasn't for me.

One guitar did catch my eye as I walked past and while I don't do red guitars as a rule, the sparkle just called to me.

Without really knowing what it was I took it off to my booth and it's a great little guitar. Very bare bones (apart from the bling of course) and great fun to play. Simple satin neck, warmish pickups that sound kinda like a tele should and pretty effortless to play. 

Checked out what it actually is, a Squier Bullet, £104 brand new. Totally floored!!

One day I might change the pickups and turn it into a Custom Shop model but for now, it needs absolutely nothing doing to it at all.
0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2004
    edited July 2019
    HNGD - I like the sparkle/flake.

If you don't gig regularly then a 100 odd quid guitar is all you need and it forces you to focus upon your playing.

I'm really enjoying my bass at the moment and I'm playing it daily.

I threw quite a bit of money at my first ever acoustic, because in my head they deserve a bit more spend for solid woods etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5848
    Schnozz said:
    HNGD - I like the sparkle/flake.

If you don't gig regularly then a 100 odd quid guitar is all you need and it forces you to focus upon your playing.

I'm really enjoying my bass at the moment and I'm playing it daily.

I threw quite a bit of money at my first ever acoustic, because in my head they deserve a bit more spend for solid woods etc.
    Thank you :)

I'd happily gig this guitar and hopefully will. Compared to the stuff I was buying in the 80s when I played bass, it's more stable and more playable than things that cost 5 times as much as more.
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    I saw these in their sale and think they look great. Hngd!
  • NikcNikc Frets: 629
    Nice - Tele's are just the best :)
    edited July 2019
    So I have a bit of a confession to make here. No, I didn't buy this guitar to soften the blow of a very young lady leaving and no, it's not actually a CS model with downgraded pickups to make a Squire.

The Tele came home as a bit of a bonus when I bought this beastie

It's a really nice guitar but unless something changes in the next week or so, it'll be going back to Andertons under the 14 day option to return deal. Out of these two, it's the Squier that I keep picking up and am excited to play. The Sixty Six, by comparison, is just a little disappointing when going from one to the other.

I'm not saying that the Tele doesn't feel like the cheaper guitar, it's barely finished and of course you notice when you pick it up. The point is more that it doesn't matter, it's still a lot of fun to play and really does sound pretty good too.

2reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2392
    The Sixty-Six is lovely.  I've really grown to like these and that colour suits it down to the ground.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    That's rather cool!
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    edited July 2019
    The tele is stunning. Crazy price if it’s a great player.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    That photo reminds me so much of a pair of twins I grew up with where one of them is rough and has been in jail etc. and the other is the campest man in the world who isn't openly gay.

To the OP: good on you, I genuinely respect people who can look past the Squier name and/or have a 100 quid guitar because it's not something I could do.

That isn't some kind of snobby humble brag, I really do think it's stupid of me to be that way.
    thegummy said:
    That photo reminds me so much of a pair of twins I grew up with where one of them is rough and has been in jail etc. and the other is the campest man in the world who isn't openly gay.

To the OP: good on you, I genuinely respect people who can look past the Squier name and/or have a 100 quid guitar because it's not something I could do.

That isn't some kind of snobby humble brag, I really do think it's stupid of me to be that way.
    I fully love and appreciate the fine ones too. I’ve had boutique and master built stuff and thought they were well worth the cost. 

This one is just fun to play and makes me smile. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    edited July 2019
    Happy NGD!...

just spotted the snakehead in the background!... good to see it again!!!!!
    poopot said:
    Happy NGD!...

It’s an amazing guitar! I had to sell it to @TheMarlin because he was so sad it wasn’t his but I do steal it back now and then to comfort myself 
  • grayngrayn Frets: 916
    There's something about a good tele that is almost unbeatable.
    I've had a couple of good sessions on a 66 and I think they are great guitars.
    Lucky you.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8068
    poopot said:
    Happy NGD!...

I hated that guitar when I first saw it. Odd looking weirdo tele. The I made the mistake of playing it, and it quickly won my heart.  Had to prize it off @dazzajl, but as you can see, have given it visitation rights. 
    Seriously, it's a lovely thing. 

He has a knack for finding fantastic quirky guitars that are a riot to play. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4206
    That’s gorgeous - I hadn’t seem the sparkle ones before!
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    TheMarlin said:
    poopot said:
    Happy NGD!...

I hated that guitar when I first saw it. Odd looking weirdo tele. The I made the mistake of playing it, and it quickly won my heart.  Had to prize it off @dazzajl, but as you can see, have given it visitation rights. 
    Seriously, it's a lovely thing. 

He has a knack for finding fantastic quirky guitars that are a riot to play. 
    Cool... was thinking I may have to do another...