Strat steel saddles

CorvusCorvus Frets: 2970
in Guitar tFB Trader

Anyone used any less-flash ones and found them OK, as in not grooving/wearing? Like Axesrus or similar.

I'm thinking there's a 'zing' off my Callahan ones which is fine, nice even, on cleans, but with some dirt flavours it brings an 'edge' thing that's fairly bloody horrible.
I see Gotoh do some but about 3x the price of the Axesrus-level ones.

Could go back to the block saddles but I'd like to try some non s/s bent ones, just don't like the look of the cast ones much.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    I've a set of the Axesrus ones that are reasonable although one had a really badly threaded intonation screw hole.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7965
    I found the same thing with my Callahan saddles, I went back to the blocks as they both sounded and felt better to me. 
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2970
    tFB Trader
    Thanks chaps I'll try a set then and can always go to the blocks if it doesn't work out.
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4297
    Check out the Highwood saddles. I was unsure due to them having notches, but they are totally brilliant. Need to make sure you have good string alignment already, otherwise you won't have any scope to move strings slightly, e.g. if high E close to edge of fretboard.
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2970
    tFB Trader
    Thanks, good shout there.